Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfboard rental in Cork

Options
  • 03-09-2009 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi Folks,

I was just wondering does anybody know a number or contact details for somebody who does surf board(+wetsuit) rental in or near Cork City?

I've been looking for a while and can't seem to find anywhere, the closest I got was the surf school out a Garretstown, but they don't seem to be answering the phone at all, and their website doesn't seem to say anything about rentals. Can't find anywhere else....

Any ideas would be much appreciated,
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭liberal

kevrr wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I was just wondering does anybody know a number or contact details for somebody who does surf board(+wetsuit) rental in or near Cork City?

I've been looking for a while and can't seem to find anywhere, the closest I got was the surf school out a Garretstown, but they don't seem to be answering the phone at all, and their website doesn't seem to say anything about rentals. Can't find anywhere else....

Any ideas would be much appreciated,
    Thanks

hi

there're two schools/retal shops in gtown, there's Gtown Surf School and Sandy Bottom Surf School, they are there at the weekends from now until june (during the summer gtown surf school is there 7 days a week)

to rent a surfboard is E10 and a winter wetsuit is E8, they say it's for an hour but i often didnt hand them back for over 2 hours and they were cool

they dont rent booties, gloves or hoods...you'll prob get away without them until october but after that i would recommend them

they have foam boards if ur a first timer, long boards if ur into that kind of thing and banana boards which are the more or less like a bic

I have a mobile number for sandy bottom ill post it when i find it

If its ur first time u should get a lesson, going out and chancing ur arm would prob turn u off surfing

here's a surf report for gtown and the cork area

http://magicseaweed.com/Cork-Area-Surf-Report/54/

take 10mph off the wind estimate and take a third off the swell estimate and it seems to be closer to what ive experienced

enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 kevrr

Thats great, thanks very much Liberal.

Advertisement