Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking up a Subject

Options
  • 03-09-2009 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hey, I recently dropped German due to my inept ability to speak languages. I am left with the choice of picking up Geography or Economics for my 6th year, which one would you recommend?

thanks

Comments

I found geography to be the most horribly boring subject, but I didn't do economics, so by default, I'd choose economics. Plus, the economics course is about half the length of geography's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Econmics is ment t be very good and easy,but it depends on the teacher allot more than other subjects((Excluding Languages and math)).

People have told me its reallye enjoyable,and seeing as its a one year course I'm half tempted to pick it up myself this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

I would definitely do geography.I did economics and geog for the leaving. There is a lot in geog but it is easy to learn and i found it quite interesting.And you do a project which is worth 20% of your overall mark so it helps with gaining points.I found economics difficult even though I am brilliant at business.There are a lot of graphs and statistics to learn in it and I found it very boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I did eco but didnt do geography... I loved economics altho at times it can be really boring.

Having an interest in the economy will be a huge help. It's a relatively simple subject.

I heard that geography is good too and pretty easy.

EDIT: Jus realised I didnt really answer ur question haha!

Advertisement