Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA assistance grant?

Options
  • 03-09-2009 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

Does anyone know when the yearly €500 gets sent out? It says September on all the info sites but can anyone be a little more precise about it? have a registration fee to pay and I'm couning on it.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

less than helpful I know, but depending on your benefit there are three different sections doing BTEA and each works to their own timeframe. That said while not a prerequsite getting your booklists from lecturers will take a few weeks. l have not yet recieved the book grant application form. ln first year you may get away with delayed registration but catch 22 you need to be registered to apply. good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

If the college provisionally register you pending grant approval does this stop you from getting BTEA? Would I be better off trying to find the registration fees somewhere :confused::(

ontour wrote: »
    If the college provisionally register you pending grant approval does this stop you from getting BTEA? (
    No, thats Ok, the Grant and BTEA are seperate things, both of which ask for a form to be completed to show registration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

atheist wrote: »
    No, thats Ok, the Grant and BTEA are seperate things, both of which ask for a form to be completed to show registration
    Does the provisionally registered part affect the Btea though or will they accept this? TIA

ontour wrote: »
    Does the provisionally registered part affect the Btea though or will they accept this? TIA
    Smile nicely to get the college stamp on the form :):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

Thing is they sent me out that form in may past and i've sent it back already as i was on carers before this..they also paid me right throughout the summer which is unusual..will i have to get a further letter stamped from the college?
    theres no sign of this letter yet..or the grant come to think of it.

theres no sign of this letter yet..or the grant come to think of it.

Ditto

Just reading in another thread you've to reapply for BTEA each year?? that's not the case is it?

Horray! got the letter for BTEA Friday after chasing it, (form for 2nd year went in weeks ago) and expecting cheque.

expecting cheque.

Cheque arrived Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Mine was paid into the bank with the BTEA payment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

Mine was also in the bank today with the btea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

I must not have qualified for the Cost of Education thing, I have got BTEA for about 3 weeks now, but no sign of the 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I don't think its a seperate thing. Did you send them a letter from the admin/registration office saying you were attending the course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 tonywanda

I haven't received the 500 either? and I'm getting less then 200 euros, not the standard rate of 204

I was on carers previous to this and rang them & they said they're working through them and i'd have it in the next few weeks so maybe give whatever department it is a ring and explain about your rate and ask about the book allowance(think thats what its called).
    couldn't do any harm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im now receiving my BTEA over past 3 weeks but no 500euro. Does that mean im not getting it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Born Red 79

I'm still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Got the 500 with my second weekly payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Lucky yee...I havn't heard a word about it yet. I have all documents sent in since last week of August. Seriously broke at this stage. Beans on toast for the week :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 misschatty

im getting d weekly payment, but as of yet have still not received the bonus payment 500 euro. HAve rang my local swo on number of time too be told the standard thing for everything these days- is a back log should hear sumthing in a week or so! Excellant when u have bills to pay and no money to do it wit!!! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

got my btea approval today along with med card approval. no word on the 500 euro only that a cheque would be sent "soon"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I don't think its a seperate thing. Did you send them a letter from the admin/registration office saying you were attending the course?

Yes, I am getting the back to education paid into my bank, but no sign of the 500.

I rang the SW office and the fella on the phone didn't know if I am automatically entitled to the 500? Does anyone know if I am or do I have to fill in different forms?

Still no 500. This is starting to piss me off...

Hi Tony,
    Did they send out and did you return form BTEA 8 for bompletion by the school / college?
    What benefit were you on before BTEA?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Got my €500 cheque yesterday in the post.

Hi Tony,
    Did they send out and did you return form BTEA 8 for bompletion by the school / college?
    What benefit were you on before BTEA?

JA. Yeah I got the form filled and sent back to them. I'm going in Wednesday to see what the story is? I need this money for a few books!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I'm still waiting for mine, I got told it'll be here in december.
    I am going to ring up tomorrow with a list of all course related costs so they'll hurry me through.
    I've spend well over €500 so far & I'm left borrowing left right & center :mad:

They told me 2 weeks ago they'll be going through them in October and they'll have it out before the end of the month so fingers crossed. i'm depending on it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hgeogheg

Just wondering if anyone can answer my question on this.. I was on jebseekers and changed that to BTEA (Sent in the forms end of August and only got it paid into bank last week). Also applied for VEC grant for (FETAC Level 5 course) and got that paid into my bank a/c today. What is the story with the E500? Do I need to fill out another form or is the BTEA form I filled out for SW enough? Is it SW I need to conact about the E500? Hope someone can help. I'm very confused. Thanks a million.

Advertisement