Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel owners: Anyone with Tech2 or OpCom in Limerick area?

Options
  • 03-09-2009 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi all,

does anyone have Tech2 or OpCom in the Limerick area?

I need to scan for a possible error code on an 04 Vectra?

Any help greatly appreciated.

PH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Anyone with a canbus/obd code reader reader such as this

http://cgi.ebay.ie/U581-Car-Diagnostic-Fault-Code-Reader-OBD-2-2008-CAN_W0QQitemZ270337093012QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment?hash=item3ef158ad94&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

will be able to help. Have one myself and it reads codes on my 05 Vectra with no problems. It will also clear non permanent fault codes...I'm nowhere near the Limerick area though

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭pathogan2008

thanks furtzy. I might need to do some reprogramming also. That's where the Tech2 comes in handy.

Does anyone in the Clare/Limerick/Cork/Tipp area have this facility?

Thanks.
    PH

anyone have Tech2 out there.

Willing to pay of course!

anyone at all?

anyone at all, at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

anyone at all, at all?

Not Lookin Good....:confused:
    I've only got Lexia 3 (peugeot citroen) but not Tec2 and am in Galway...Sorry....:(

Cheers Row,

I'm sure someone on here has it, it just a matter of having the request seen at the right time :rolleyes:

There are a few independent diagnostic houses around, but the local ones don't have it.

Thanks for the interest anyway. Hopefully something will turn up.;)
    PH

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 Mr. darragh

cant you use a paper clip in the diag plugs with the opels
    maybe its just the older ones

paper clip?....sorry, you've lost me.:confused:

Dont think it would work.. I was under the impression that Tech2 involved a laptop, an OBDII cable and the software....

Maybe I'm missing something?

PH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

• Advertisement

Thanks Longshanks100

PH

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭yammagamma

hi did u find tech2 yet. i have 1 for reading obd codes not sure if it will programme , i never got it to work right as was trying on a 99 corsa . you can try it if you want. and i also have a elm327 interface..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 in the queue

I have an op com available in galway

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wayneywuff

I'm looking for a mechanic or someone who can do Tech2 or Op Com programmming for my 2000 Opel Vectra 2.0 DTI. Will pay of course. Replaced the Fuel Injector Pump with a second hand pump and now car won't start as I understand the transponder code on PUMP ECU new pump is not matched with the Immobiliser in my car, hence it won't start. Opel want to chrage me more than what the car is worth to address the problem. Car is currently laid up in Toomevara. Any help appreciated.

Advertisement