Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you do biology as an external student?

Options
  • 02-09-2009 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

I'm repeating in a school and I need to find a 6th honour subject. I was thinking of biology but the problem is since I do history I can't do it in the school? Can you do biology basically externally?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

ANTIFA! wrote: »
    I'm repeating in a school and I need to find a 6th honour subject. I was thinking of biology but the problem is since I do history I can't do it in the school? Can you do biology basically externally?
    You can yes, the problem only occurs with subjects that have a project/practical examination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Thanks but isn't there like practicals you have to do?

Thanks but isn't there like practicals you have to do?
    No there isn't. You're probably refering to section 2, the experiments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Oh yeah.

So is it just like business then in that theres no project or anything like that?

Oh yeah.

So is it just like business then in that theres no project or anything like that?
    Yup:rolleyes:Maybe you need to do the experiments in class actually, because you fill them out into an experiment book, well I did. You'd want to get that checked sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 cGirl

theowen wrote: »
    Yup:rolleyes:Maybe you need to do the experiments in class actually, because you fill them out into an experiment book, well I did You'd want to get that checked sorry

The experiment book isn't sent away for correction or anything though, I think it's just used to get you to actually do the work.

OP, you're really supposed to do the experiments in class, but if you feel confident that you can just learn them off before the exam and regurgitate it in the exam, you should be fine, but you should probably double check with a teacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 QuoiFaireX

You can actually get a dvd for leaving cert biology that shows all the experiments in action. Not sure of the name, something simple like 'biology revise' but the science teachers should have one as i think they send a sample one to the school.

So yeah with the dvd and a good set of notes you'd be able to learn it off by heart no bother!

Advertisement