Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ted McCarthy

Options
  • 02-09-2009 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

The John Devane mention in the Courtroom Mortal Combat thread reminded me of this......

Does anyone on here living in Limerick remember Legal Eagle Ted McCarthy - the Excuses Maestro???

Seriously, there can be no competition......

I think he may have left the free legal aid Amphitheatre in the last few years but I grew up choking with laughter on reading his hilarious Courtroom excuses for his Clients (often times) anti-social maniac behaviour.

I'm too lazy now to Google him all night but heres a flavour:
    Ted McCarthy, solicitor for both accused, said the men had been drinking that night "to such an extent that they were a danger to themselves". The brothers accepted they had been abusive and said the things described by Insp Connolly, but they apologised for their conduct and were remorseful.

Yeah, says Ted - The Lads were as much a danger to themselves as anyone they threatened to kill!!!

This Liam Keane Drama with Ted as a guest star in a cameo role is a real classic though:
    Last Wednesday, Keane’s solicitor Ted McCarthy asked the court to deal with the case the following day as his client was going to take a "certain course of action".

However, when the case was called last Thursday Keane did not appear in court and a bench warrant was issued for his arrest.

A certain course of action?

- What was that Ted? A flight to Manila?

Advertisement