Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help at beer delivery

Options
  • 02-09-2009 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

hey guys, little help, is ther anywhere that deliveries drink on a wednesday night in north dublin??? quick as possible if ye can :*
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yes, there probably are, but pay-on-delivery off licences are illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

BeerNut wrote: »
    Yes, there probably are, but pay-on-delivery off licences are illegal.

Its not technically Illegal. Its a gray area.

irlmarc wrote: »
    Its not technically Illegal. Its a gray area.
    17(3) A licensee is guilty of an offence if, with intent to evade the conditions of the licence, the licensee—

(a) takes intoxicating liquor from the licensed premises for the purpose of its being sold on the account, or for the benefit or profit, of the licensee, or

(b) permits any person so to take intoxicating liquor.

Your move, irlmarc. What've you got?

Well i can't quote the statute book but it has to do as far as I know it has to do with where exactly thre transaction is actually taking place it can be debated it is still taking place in the shop. Im not sure ill have to get the info again. I was just told it was technically not covered by current legislation but they do want to include it.

• Advertisement

ill have to get the info again
    Oh do.
    I was just told it was technically not covered by current legislation but they do want to include it.
    Whoever "they" is, it's not the Department of Justice. In the committee stage debate on the 2008 Intoxicating Liquor Bill (8th July last year), Dermo said:
    My advice is that “dial a can” is already illegal

So why has noone been stopped from doing it? Unless they feel they cant enforce it?

So why has noone been stopped from doing it?
    How do you know no-one has been stopped from doing it?

The reason everyone hasn't been stopped from doing it is probably because it's part of a long list of laws that aren't fully enforced because of Garda resources and priorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

well anyway i tried ringing loads of places but no where would do it but kept saying try "such and such" and id ring them and so on. i was surprised i couldnt find anywhere online either. looks as if it is illegal and they dont do it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

You can get drink deliveries but you have to set it up in advance and you pay with credit card when you ring them.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

Advertisement