Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty treatments from home?

Options
  • 02-09-2009 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm a student returning to college this september and I've recently been let go from my job. I'm a fully qualified beauty therapist, and I'd like to offer some treatments from my home in the evenings after college. (Massage, Manicure, Pedicure etc) and I basically just wanted to know, is this legal?

I considered that perhaps I'd have to register for Tax but students don't pay Tax.. do they? Just wanted some general advice and opinions really!

Is there anybody here who know does this/knows of other beauty therapists who do this? Any advice or information is welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Are you based in Cork? :D What a great idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭earcandi

Thank you! No I'm based in Galway, but thank you for the feedback! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Moved from F&A. Didn't know where else would be suitable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

If you make a profit over a certain amount you have to pay tax.

you would need insurance and technically you would need planning permission to change the use of your house to a business premises.

you could chance going without either but if someone fell in your house and sued you you wouldnt be covered or if a treatment went wrong you wouldnt be covered.

Advertisement