Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, Spot The Difference

Options
  • 02-09-2009 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭

Seeing as Fozzy mentioned it in the latest trainwreck Hendo/Bisping Thread, not sure if this has been posted here.

I suppose the best title would be...

So This Is Okay Cause He Wasn't In The WWE

fgha.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,445 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

wat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Many people dislike Brock and they use his actions there to further justify their beliefs

Most people wouldn't have much feelings towards Thiago, but it would be more positive than negative, and they don't have any reason to talk about his actions there to back up any of their beliefs

One is definitely worse than the other though, for a couple of reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

big big difference between punching someone and pointing at someone....unless you are in the wwe :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Emmm let me see, give me a second...

The one on the left has a blonde hair and the one on the right doesn't? Is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

big big difference between punching someone and pointing at someone....unless you are in the wwe :rolleyes:

Who punched anyone? He's talking about Brock being disrespectful towards Mir after he beat him, which caused a huge amount of people to get up in arms, and Thiago being disrespectful towards Jardine after he beat him, which very few people are talking about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Fozzy wrote: »
    Who punched anyone? He's talking about Brock being disrespectful towards Mir after he beat him, which caused a huge amount of people to get up in arms, and Thiago being disrespectful towards Jardine after he beat him, which very few people are talking about

i meant comparing it to the hendo/bisping thing.....its probably mainly because brock is constantly a tool where as thiago just showed that one moment of aggresion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ah jaysus this again I think few others and myself proved that there is massive double standards and very selective memories when it comes to Brock. As I keep pointing out Brocks actions ultimately had no tangible negative effect in actual fact it was ultimately a huge positive for business in numerous ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

i meant comparing it to the hendo/bisping thing.....its probably mainly because brock is constantly a tool where as thiago just showed that one moment of aggresion

I didn't compare it to Hendo.
    I said it was mentioned in that thread.

I then opened a new thread, rather than going off topic in that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

Why dont people actually watch a proper replay,
    Brock was roaring in the camera like a bull, Mirr was getting up and stumbled along the cage, the people around mirr were tring to help him up as he was staggering. brock turns around and sees mirr coming towards him, with people holding him back. So to brock it looks as if mirr was approaching him, though he wasnt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Fozzy wrote: »
    Thiago being disrespectful towards Jardine after he beat him, which very few people are talking about

I can't comment on the Mir - Lesner fight but wasn't Jardine tweaking his nipples while he was staring down Thiago?
    I mean FFS if someone did that to you would you not count that as being disrespectful? Jardine acted like a wanker, got KTFO, he has no one to blame but himself!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I can't comment on the Mir - Lesner fight but wasn't Jardine tweaking his nipples while he was staring down Thiago?
    I mean FFS if someone did that to you would you not count that as being disrespectful? Jardine acted like a wanker, got KTFO, he has no one to blame but himself!

The nipple tweaking is just a ritual his fight camp does, no disrespect was intented.

I thought they were both out of line. If I had to spot the difference it's that Silva has just been pulled off so still has the adrenaline pumping at 100 miles an hour whereas Brock did this a good minute or so after the finish. Both classless though.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

I missed Thiago doing that. Was it right after he knocked him out or did he come back after he runs to the camera running his thumb across his neck. I watched countdown too and didnt notice any trash talk between them either. I didnt think there was bad blood between them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Thiago is just doing the Techno Viking pose

techno-viking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

rovert wrote: »
    The nipple tweaking is just a ritual his fight camp does.

Sounds like a great camp...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

The nipple tweak is an old tradition.
    Rashad evans does the same.
    Everyone knew Jardine was about to do it, including Silva who smiled and laughed, as did Jardine, at the time.

I thought they were both out of line. If I had to spot the difference it's that Silva has just been pulled off so still has the adrenaline pumping at 100 miles an hour whereas Brock did this a good minute or so after the finish. Both classless though.

Brocks was not a minute later, it was about 5 seconds later.
    He was pulled off, he ran around the octogon, and then came back face to face with Mir.
    As was pointed out earlier, it looked (incorrectly) like Mir was being held back, and Brock reacted to that, albeit in a very classless manner.

smoochie06 wrote: »
    I missed Thiago doing that. Was it right after he knocked him out or did he come back after he runs to the camera running his thumb across his neck. I watched countdown too and didnt notice any trash talk between them either. I didnt think there was bad blood between them.

It was part of the throat thing.
    He gestured at Jardine then rturned to the camera and ran his hand accross his kneck.
    There is no bad blood, it's just how Silva reacts after a victory.
    I've always found turning to the camera and running your hand across your throat to be classless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

Thiago is just doing the Techno Viking pose

techno-viking.jpg

Is that Jardine's distant cousin?

Advertisement