Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsorship/Endorsement

Options
  • 02-09-2009 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi

I am looking to increase my companies profile. Does anyone have any experience with Sponsoring sports teams. I'm thinking League of Ireland etc. Does anyone know anything about this? Cost involved availability etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

I'm not sure of the effectiveness of sponsoring teams but I did this last year for my Niece's football team, their club promisied at least two newspaper photos included in the deal, which turned out to be two half page colour photo's with my logo across the page in the Evening Herald :)

You can write off the sponsorship money (or part thereof) as either a charitable donation or something like that , your accountant will know this.

I doubt it raised profile that much (can you name who sponsors the team in the next town over?) but the kids loved their new jersey's and it didn't hurt my pocket that much either.

hope this helps
    Fionn

edit: I re-read and see your aiming at league of Ireland , much higher level and profile but the discounting against charitable donations still applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

MD2510 wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking to increase my companies profile. Does anyone have any experience with Sponsoring sports teams. I'm thinking League of Ireland etc. Does anyone know anything about this? Cost involved availability etc.

Thanks

Assumptions are:

1.You have developed a brand values and a brand proposition already and are happy that segment represented by FAI fans strongly overlap with your target market.

2. You have relatively 'reasonable' budget with which you want to increase your profile.

Some thoughts..
    > Reflect on 1 above again. If content:

> Prepare clear objectives & measureable goals. What will satisfy you as increased profile after efforts and spend ?

> With your budget engage a brand /PR agent with demonstrated experience in the area, say sports/events sponsorship deals and running campaigns. He/she will get you a better deal with any club therefore paying for their time along the way. They are likely to be more effective than a volunteer (?) club PRO. They will have a far better media network and have accress to more campaign tricks and tools. Value for you.

> A sponsorship deal for profile should not be stand alone but be part of a wider intregrated brand campaign.

Review and measure along the way (season?) to ensure you hit your profile goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Spinnaker wrote: »
    Assumptions are:

1.You have developed a brand values and a brand proposition already and are happy that segment represented by FAI fans strongly overlap with your target market.

2. You have relatively 'reasonable' budget with which you want to increase your profile.

Some thoughts..
    > Reflect on 1 above again. If content:

> Prepare clear objectives & measureable goals. What will satisfy you as increased profile after efforts and spend ?

> With your budget engage a brand /PR agent with demonstrated experience in the area, say sports/events sponsorship deals and running campaigns. He/she will get you a better deal with any club therefore paying for their time along the way. They are likely to be more effective than a volunteer (?) club PRO. They will have a far better media network and have accress to more campaign tricks and tools. Value for you.

> A sponsorship deal for profile should not be stand alone but be part of a wider intregrated brand campaign.

Review and measure along the way (season?) to ensure you hit your profile goals.

Superb stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

Definitely part of a wider strategy as already said. You need to go to the games (if League of Ireland) and bring clients. Should negotiate tickets as part of your deal. Or other promo events/materials to boost profile.

What industry are you in? I'm in insurance so if it was me I would also be looking for their business back in return.

Maybe ask for an introduction to contacts within the club, other suppliers etc.

MB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭conman

im curious..

how much does sponsorship/advertising cost for billboards on football grounds,
    or for in-bus advertising for smaller companies buses, or on the sides of a taxi?

• Advertisement
Advertisement