Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

check this...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Haunted by the ghost a an inflated failed housing market.
    DyldeBrill wrote: »
    There must be a haunting on this house in my opinion and its surrounded by history.

If its old, its haunted. I like how you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Grimes wrote: »
    Haunted by the ghost a an inflated failed housing market.

If its old, its haunted. I like how you think.

haha true, I just can't get my head around it at all.Look at what you get for your money.I'd love to visit the place

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Well there is a massive cost and upkeep of these buildings so on top of your 1m you would be looking at arounde 20-30k per year in upkeep costs such as bills and maintaining the structure, also you have a listed building so modifications are near impossible. So you would have to be very wealthy to afford the running of this place. Hence the reason the price is so low imo.

Personally I would love it but even at 1m its still a lotto winner purchase.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Its a little sanitised and disneyfied for my taste. :) Old places certainly retain atmosphere and echoes of their past, but I doubt it comes complete with its own nearly headless Nick. Nice house, but Ill pass.

What things do you see that dont fit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Due to its age,history and significance Im sure it wouldnt be difficult to find an incident of tragic or bloody nature.Combine this with its fitting aesthetic and I believe one could fall under the influence of suggestion ie. it looks like it could be haunted so perhaps it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

On a related note when I used to do the property sections for 2 large newspapers I used to stick "ghosts" in the windows of some of the houses :D I also put a Nessie in some lakes etc on ads for commercial land .... oh and I'd put the same dog in about 100 different properties lol.

Advertisement