Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just found this on Gumtree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Soul Reaver and Vagrant Story for €5 each on PS1. Not bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Soul Reaver

oh wow, what a game.... off to play it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,012 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Vagrant Story for that price is a steal. Pity the Neo Geo is gone and the Mega CD :(

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Cheers, Sengoku.

He was shamelessly ripping me off with the postage for Vagrant Story claiming it was €3.85, but I had to take the hit, couldn't bargain and risk missing out on Vagrant Story priced at €8.85. Aside from a couple of indents on the manual, it's in perfect condition.

If only I was an ebay opportunist, not a gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,633 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

NEO GEO with games and arcade sticks - €70 (NOW SOLD)

The big question for me here is - what were the games? 70 euro for an AES with multiple arcade sticks is freakishly underpriced.

But then there was games too..? Someone out there must be laughing to themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

My thoughts exactly on the NeoGeo. I've never had the pleasure of playing a real NeoGeo, but always wondered how it would compare to playing the games either through a DC or a PC connected to a TV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's great, I have a consolized NeoGeo MVS and the greatest thing is no compromise on the games, no loading, no animation frame drops, and you get to use the original controls and handle and collect the original carts.
    Also nice is the option, with my universal bios chip, to play the games in any territorial config, blood on/off, coin-op or home modes as well.
    Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,633 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah Neo Geo freak here too :)

I have an AES with MVS adapter (So I don't have to spend hundreds on AES carts!) , 1 slot MVS (With a supergun) and a 6 slot MVS in a cab. Think about 30 carts or so to go with it all. Funnily enough, I only have one stick for the AES. They're just too bloody expensive on ebay.

Def reccomend buying one if you can. Cartridge wise, it has some of the best looking (and playing) 2d games ever made. Just make sure you're buying MVS cartridges and not AES.
    For example, Metal slug 2 MVS cost me about 25 - 30 euro. A Metal Slug 2 AES catridge will set you back 400+! (Don't even get me started on Metal Slug 1!)

/Edit actually I don't have any uni bios chips. Ciderman - was that easy enough to install? Just a matter of popping the old one out of it's socket and the new one in?

Advertisement