Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Website 4 pages

Options
  • 02-09-2009 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey everybody!

Just a quick question how much would it cost roughly to get a decent basic website made? It's for a startup business so nothing too expensive.

Mainly just text and images.
    4 pages in total one of them with a contact form and another ideally a Blog page using if possible WordPress.

Also need a .com domain registered with 5 email addresses & hosting.

Any rough guestimates for the lot?
    Also how long would you expect for it to be completed?

(edit)
    Sorry just to let everyone know I have a mate lined up to do it but would just like to know a ballpark figure to pay him.
    Thanks for the offers though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Merk wrote: »
    Hey everybody!

Just a quick question how much would it cost roughly to get a decent basic website made? It's for a startup business so nothing too expensive.

4 pages in total one of them with a contact form and another ideally a Blog page using if possible WordPress.

Those technical requirements are very simple, and provided your design isn't too complex, I'd estimate around the €300-€500 mark.

Shouldn't take long to complete, around a week for someone working on it part time. A few days if its full time

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

depends completely on what you want, and how good the person doing it is. There really is no set figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

do you have a logo designed and colour scheme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Merk

Have logo but not the colour scheme.
    He said €250 is fine.

Thanks everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kdaly100

Good to hear you got something but a quick tip for it but if you are using a .com make sure that it is at least hosted in Ireland. A .ie is ideal for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). I assume you want it to be found and a .ie is normally best.

A .ie costs more and takes a few more steps to get setup but is worth the effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

4-500 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭itsonlywords

Merk wrote: »
    Hey everybody!

(edit)
    Sorry just to let everyone know I have a mate lined up to do it but would just like to know a ballpark figure to pay him.
    Thanks for the offers though.
    Be careful and dont accept first offer. You can go to getafreelancer.com guru.com etc and you nominate your price and get quotations. I got a 5 page site done for 100 dollars. Working perfectly

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Be careful and dont accept first offer. You can go to getafreelancer.com guru.com etc and you nominate your price and get quotations. I got a 5 page site done for 100 dollars. Working perfectly

Read the post, his mate is doing the site and he wants to know a ballpark figure to pay him hes not looking to outsource it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭itsonlywords

Axwell wrote: »
    Read the post, his mate is doing the site and he wants to know a ballpark figure to pay him hes not looking to outsource it.
    Hey cleverclogs my post was before he edited it. Now that was a waste of time wasnt it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Not really, you posted that today, he edited on the 2nd..two days ago :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Hey cleverclogs my post was before he edited it. Now that was a waste of time wasnt it?
    He edited it two days ago, and you even included the edit in your quote, clever clogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Since the OP seems to have this resolved, I think we are finished here. If the OP would like to follow up, please PM me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement