Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Radio Advice

Options
  • 02-09-2009 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this is the incorrect forum, but this is the nearest I could see that is in relation to my query. Currently my friend and I have a Ustream account and run live commentary of LOI football games. We have 2 mics and all works well.

However we're looking at expanding it more to include music. So we're looking for advice on how to play/stream music but also able to talk over it at the same time IE. Like standard radio show.

I'm using Vista at the moment and have seen a clear solution for a MAC, but not so clear for Windows. I have read and downloaded Virtual Audio Cable but it's not clear on how to exactly set it up.

So at the moment I'm at the stage where I can stream voices through the mics, by selecting the mic in the Ustream audio source. And if I select the VAC option, I can play music that is running on Winamp. However I can't get both of them to run together.

Any guidence will be very much appreciated and again apologies if this is on the wrong forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭crowdcontrol

Easiest solution would be to take your PC outputs into a mixer (doesn't have to be expensive), mic into the mixer and send the mixer outputs back into the pc's soundcard input ;)

I did this for a year running an online station, worked like a charm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Drogman

Easiest solution would be to take your PC outputs into a mixer (doesn't have to be expensive), mic into the mixer and send the mixer outputs back into the pc's soundcard input ;)

I did this for a year running an online station, worked like a charm!

Cool thanks for that.

I acutally do have a small 2 channel mixer, from when I was DJing. I'll give that a go anyway and see.

Only thing is that I was hoping for a solution which would allow me to use just the laptop as I didn't want to be carrying any more hardware to games, as the press boxes are fairly limited in size.

Advertisement