Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iomega HD ScreenPlayer not recognised on Computer

Options
  • 02-09-2009 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Howdy, I recently got a Iomega ScreenPlayer 1 TB. However, when I plug it in to a USB Port my computer just doesn't recognise it that there is anything in the port. It worked once only. It is not the cable as I have checked this. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I tell my computer to recognise this? Any help much welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Do you have many drive letters used? Ie C/D/E/F/G?
    It might be picking it up but not assigning the drive letter for you to access it.

If so, Right Click on "My Computer" and click "manage". Go to "Disk Management" and see if you see it in there. It might be trying to use the same letter as a USB key / HD Partition, right click and click "change drive letter or path" and select a different letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Hi, I tried that but couldn't find it anywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

I had the same problem with mine. Apparently USB failure is a bit of a stock-fault with these units. returned it to Peats and they replaced it. They even let me hang on to the old one for a day or two while i copied all the data from it!!!

Advertisement