Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mojor problem with adwords

Options
  • 02-09-2009 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi guys , I hope somebody here can help me .
    I just bought a irish domain name that includes the word " IPHONE " . I just found out that the word is copyright so I cannot use it in adwords unless I get approval from Apple ( some hope ) .

Anyway the domain is been redirected to another site ( just making commission on it ) . Is there a way I can get the webite listed in yahoo or google .

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Blue,

can you explain that a bit - the adwords and copyright i get

Listed in yahoo? (ie ranked, or your text ads with the word iphone in it??)

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bluetooth1

Thanks for the reply . I cannot use adwords to get my website ranked because they will not let you use the worrd IPHONE .

Is there a way around this.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

well there are people 'bidding' on the term. €1.77 for position 1-3. some 'bidders are using the expression "lphone" in their ads (wont be highlighted - but it gets the visual.)
    On company is deffo using the term in their ad as of 2:30om - but that may have slipped through the system

the best thing you have is your URL - which will show up in your ad without any penalty

just used a 'cleaver' headline and say body copy like:

"cell phone that's a video camera,
    have mobile Internet, email and GPS"

then your url

www.iphoneXXX.ie

that's one option for google

Advertisement