Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who remembers Crime Traveller?

Options
  • 02-09-2009 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭

This was a BBC1 show that aired in 1997 featuring Michael French (David Wicks from Eastenders) as a detetive who, along with a female scientist, goes back in time to solve various crimes.

Here are the opening credits which might stir up a few memories...

I did a search on Youtube and was pleased to find someone had posted up the entire run (which was only 8 episodes as it got cancelled after the first series).

Difficult to compare it to other shows but if I had to I'd say it was a bit like Life on Mars meets Sliders. I loved it when it was shown initially. I just had a look at the first episode again and I didn't think it had aged too badly. It's got a very 90s feel about it.

Did anyone else watch this when they were younger?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No but I hope it's nothing like timecop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MsMolly

i remember that ! i used to watch it sat nights while getting ready to go out. it was really good as i remember and i was p****d when they cancelled it when you consider the crap they keep on.
    it went something along the lines of going back in time in a machine her father had invented to change the course of events. it wasn't hugely taxing on the brain cells but a good hours entertainment. must look it up on you tube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Ya I remember that. It had a slightly clever take on the usual time travel idea. They accepted they couldn't interfere and change things but instead watched the events play out so that they could solve them back in real time.

Although they also refered to some paradox crap if they did change things and I think the daughter's dad had been somehow trapped in this paradox. So not all clever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Yep, I remember the show. Always looked forward to it on a Saturday night. Pity it only ran to 8 episodes, I felt it had more life in it. Will have to watch a few of the episodes on Youtube

I like Michael French and Sue Johnstones characters. Michael French has been in a lot of popular shows Eastenders, Holby, Casualty.

Advertisement