Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics??

Options
  • 01-09-2009 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi,
    i'm thinking of doing economics thisyear on my own. whats the subject like? is there much maths ect...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

The small bit of maths involved is pretty simple, just formula's etc that you have to know how to use. Dunno if you could do it yourself tbh, I'd say over the course of 2 years you could if ya worked hard at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

cool, i rekon i'll give it a lash, ditch the oul social life yanno.

i think i will do history too but do you know what i do about the project? im repeating as an external candidate so where do i get it signed of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

I'm not the man to ask about the oul history mate! I'm sure someone here can furnish you with an answer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Gary4279 wrote: »
    Hi,
    i'm thinking of doing economics thisyear on my own. whats the subject like? is there much maths ect...

As reilly said there isn't much maths involved, the maths that is, is just simple formulas. Very easy.

Economics is divided in two parts:
    Macroeconomics (the big picture, basically economic systems, govt. involvement, policies, theories etc.)

Microeconomics (more of a personal/business level of economics. Demand, supply etc.)

Now, I'd say if you gave it a real good lash you could get the basics of Microeconomics done in 2 months. Its easy once you understand the principles behind it.

Macro, I'd give that 3-4 months. Then review both again for another 2-3 months and I'd say you would be sorted. Just have a can do attitude, and work hard at it. Its an easy subject once you get the jist of it.

PM me for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ally_mull

Gary4279 wrote: »
    cool, i rekon i'll give it a lash, ditch the oul social life yanno.

i think i will do history too but do you know what i do about the project? im repeating as an external candidate so where do i get it signed of?

You'll have to get a teacher to sign it off for you. Be prepared to do a sh**load of work though! That subject is pure evil!!!

Economics though you should be grand. The layout of the paper is very straightforward and ridiculously predictive (9 short questions, 8 long questions you do 4). The course itself is easy enough, if you work hard at it you'll get your A no problem. Pay particular attention to the diagrams! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement