Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obs orbs orbs (maybe)...

Options
  • 01-09-2009 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

I'm not really much of a believer, but sometimes I wonder. Thought I'd share this. My Dad lives in the south of France, I've been over here 10 days. The town is called Aigues-Mortes, and is a medieval walled town. Aigues-Mortes means litterally, dead water. Because of the pools of water around, mosquitoes, malaria etc.

Anyway, tonight is my last night here so I was taking some pics of my
    Dad and lil sis who both live here as we were walking home, and as I took the pic in question I know for sure that there were no insects or dust particles in front of me, the air was just as clear as it was in the previous photos. This is the area outside the town walls where the corpses were apparently tossed. Never seen anything like it, and I KNOW the conditions were perfect, nothing in the way. Incests, dust etc. These photos haven't been touched in any way. Save being compressed for uploading. Also I didn't see these orbs on the instant replay you get after taking a photo, only noticed them once I looked back through the pics, but that coulda been me.

I also stuck up the photo I took immediately before and immediately after for comparison. so you know it wasn't dust on the lens etc. Can't stress how much I know that there was nothing in front of me. There was also a major thunderstorm here a few hours earlier. I'm pretty sure there was no dust in my face or in front of me at the time.

868005272CCA4D6C9EBDB59580AA797E.jpg

2C373DCC45184FD29729064466AED237.jpg

EE9ABB55C62D49208422463CC85204C4.jpg

EDIT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aigues-Mortes
    Like other towers in the town, from 1686 onwards the Constance Tower was used as a prison for the Huguenots who refused to convert to Roman Catholicism.

Thats the tower in the right of the pic. (far right, barely visible)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Dust.

Probably. I was sure there wasn't any.

EDIT:
    Fiend-Foe wrote: »
    I KNOW the conditions were perfect, nothing in the way. Incests, dust etc.

Ah yeah but it was probably dust, didn't see any at all. Maybe its time for bed... ****ing dustbastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Generally you can't see the dust. It is picked up because it is very close to the camera and illuminated by the flash. These small digital cameras have large depth of field and the flash is close to the lens making them more vulnerable to orbs. You can also get the same effect from small water droplets in the air. Again, you would not notice these but would be picked up by the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

could it be anything to do with the headlights of the car infront of you giving an optical illusion which only your camera picked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

could it be anything to do with the headlights of the car infront of you giving an optical illusion which only your camera picked up?

Doubt it. I haven't noticed the effect with any other pics I've taken. I'm not immediately jumping on some band wagon here and claiming its supernatural etc, of course its probably not. But I've taken several photos in the area in headlights etc and never got the same results. Just thought I'd share this as an example of "orbs", wherever their source.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Have we really not moved on from believing orbs are something paranormal...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

certainly looks likes dust, especially since the ground is sandy/dusty in that first photo. You can see it on the car tyres.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I had an almost identical photo of this orb effect taken with a dslr in Charleville. In your photos above the before and afters are different subjects with different light sources (as was the case with my orbtastic photo) I think that is key. You most likely had a light (invisible to you) film of dust on your lens which became illuminated during that shot by a light source. The fact that it was a dark shot, makes the effect so vivid.

Nowt paranormal here, imo, its just an optical effect that all cameras can suffer from. The mystery to me is how orbs ever became known as ghostly images anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

all these images can be explained by dust or moisture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Has anyone here ever seen a real Orb in front of them?

With the naked eye, not on photo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

cool bike

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

suey71 wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever seen a real Orb in front of them?

With the naked eye, not on photo?
    Not an orb as they appear in photos. Sparks, yeah. Like youd see in a fire if you burn fresh wood :) From talking to others, seeing these sparks is not that unusual. I have my own ideas on them, but nothing definitive.

Advertisement