Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas boiler replacement quote

Options
  • 01-09-2009 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

I have just got a quote of just under € 3000 for replacing a gas boiler which has gone faulty. The price of the boiler is around € 1000 & I am also changing the programable timer which should be no more than €200. This leaves labour at €1800 approx which I think is a lot. Has anyone else got this job done or has anyone views on the quote.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

Hey pbar, we paid €2300 (supplied and fitted) for a replacement boiler last year. The one we had was about 20 years old. The new one is a condenser boiler. I think it's a Baxter.

It's supposed to be a lot more efficient. I think the cheapest quote I got for the boiler was 1500 Euro. The fitters spent a day but had to come back a second day to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

we had our boiler replaced during our renovation, the plumbers told me the boiler they had in mind was priced at €700, i got the make and model and bought the same up North for £420 & they fitted it for me.

might be harder as a once off job getting plumbers in to install a boiler they didnt supply though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

SEI is giving a grant of €700 for boiler upgrades and heating control upgrades
    http://www.sei.ie/Grants/Home_Energy_Saving_Scheme/

You have to use a contractor registered with them under this scheme and the red tape is usually enough to put off the cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

We had ours replaced for €2100 which included a new condensing boiler, motorised valves for zoning, two wireless thermostats and an electronic control panel. Lads were here for a day and a half as the wireless thermos were new to them and they were a wee bit confused. Massive savings in gas bill and the electricity bill as we no longer use the immersion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 story

Hi Bamboozle,

I need to replace a gas boiler, hoping to get a decent price to supply and install a new one. Would you know how much your guys charged to install the boiler?
    I'm in the Dublin area btw.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rustyjames10

Ddad, can you give me the name of the plumbing contractor you got to do this? and the boiler name and model?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fionaoc

Ddad, can you also give me the name of the plumbing contractor you got to do this? I'd also appreciate the boiler details as I am totally confused what to get.

Advertisement