Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Page 1 with a 2-day course?

Options
  • 01-09-2009 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

This came in to me via opt-in email:

www.praxisnow.ie/search-marketing
    This programme is aimed at business owners and Marketing Managers. It is a two day execution-focussed, deep-dive into the techniques and processes involved in maximising the cost-effectiveness of two of the internet's most valuable digital marketng channels - Search Engine Optimisation and Pay-Per-Click Marketing. The programme uncloaks the mystery surrounding the search engines and demonstrates that much of the thusfar outsourced, expensive activities in search marketing can be conducted in-house for a lower cost and often with better results.
    1 How to build increasingly qualified visitor traffic to your business website

2 How to zone-in your search marketing strategy to target only those sales prospects who can potentially buy from you

3 How to analyse and segment search engine user behaviour based on key-phrase targeting on your website and its "internet community"

4 Creative ideas in your key-phrase research strategy - expanding your market reach

5 How to leverage multiple media types such as image, video and fixed documents to improve your search visibility

6 How to progressively build your website(s) into an authoritive resource in its served market in the eyes of the search engines.

7 How to reduce your costs of Pay-per-click (Google AdWords and Others) Marketing by improving the relevancy and "value" of your offer.

8 Dangers and Pitfalls in your internet marketing strategy with special emphasis on things to avoid in search marketing

9 Taking the first steps - moving outside your comfort zone on the search engines, doing new things and measuring results.

10 Performance improvement methods in both SEO and SEM
    How does the content above sound? We've used this co. before for other training and they were quite good in those areas.

Currently, a web designer is working on a new site for us, but there hasn't been any discussion yet re. SEO & Pay Per Click. Would we be better leaving it to the pro or is it actually do-able by an amateur who takes this course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I have been to a few of his SEO courses and found them very good. We have implemented some great ppc campaigns using his techniques also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Thanks. So I could take away enough from the two days to go it alone with a web campaign? Seems almost to good to be true. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RedCardinal

eman66 wrote: »
    Thanks. So I could take away enough from the two days to go it alone with a web campaign? Seems almost to good to be true. :)

I think, as with so much in search, it depends.
    I've been at this stuff for yonks, and I doubt I'd be able to pick up enough in 2 days to get great results. You might get some great tips, but I think maybe you're expectations might be a little high given the description of the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

I'd have to agree with RedCardinal - you can work at this for years and still learn. At least it will give you a wide understanding of the basics of the different acronyms/terms/concepts - it would certainly accelerate the learning process if you were a complete newbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

eman66 wrote: »
    Currently, a web designer is working on a new site for us, but there hasn't been any discussion yet re. SEO & Pay Per Click. Would we be better leaving it to the pro or is it actually do-able by an amateur who takes this course.

This is a very, very bad idea. Your site's design/architecture influences its optimisation massively, you should be considering SEO as a major part of the redesign process when the process begins, not after.

Picking a designer who follows SEO rules is more important than picking a designer who can create a work of art for you, you may have the most beautiful site on the internet but if no one is visiting it it's f/a use.

Ideally your designer will be able to design and optimise but that doesn't always happen, and if they can you should expect to pay more for their services. Cheap is never the best option, you may save short term but you have almost 0% chance of your project succeeding.

• Advertisement
Advertisement