Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoker in Non-Smoking house

Options
  • 01-09-2009 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Ok, when I was filling out the application form for Plasset, I wrote down that I wanted a "non-smoking" house. Arrived at the house today to find out that the place smelled of smoke and there was cigarette butts in an ashtray. I don't really want to be living in a house with smokers.

At the moment, I don't know who it is who is smoking. But even if I did, I wouldn't say anything about it, since I don't want to make a bad impression aswell as them telling their friends.

What should I do about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

PunkFreud wrote: »
    Ok, when I was filling out the application form for Plasset, I wrote down that I wanted a "non-smoking" house. Arrived at the house today to find out that the place smelled of smoke and there was cigarette butts in an ashtray. I don't really want to be living in a house with smokers.

At the moment, I don't know who it is who is smoking. But even if I did, I wouldn't say anything about it, since I don't want to make a bad impression aswell as them telling their friends.

What should I do about it?

Go to the manager of Plassey and request a change of house. You're after been put into a smoking house if there's an ashtray there.
    Otherwise, man up and tell them that you'd prefer they smoked at the window because of your "asthma".

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Go to the manager of Plassey and request a change of house. You're after been put into a smoking house if there's an ashtray there.
    Otherwise, man up and tell them that you'd prefer they smoked at the window because of your "asthma".

Feck "Manning UP" ......... the point is that they are here to provide you with a sevice and the PLASSEY PEEPS ****ed up!!

Demand a change of house and you should get it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

DJCR wrote: »
    Feck "Manning UP" ......... the point is that they are here to provide you with a sevice and the PLASSEY PEEPS ****ed up!!

Demand a change of house and you should get it!!!

AFAIK, there are more smoking than non-smoking houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

AFAIK, there are more smoking than non-smoking houses.

I don't know about that, but even so it really isn't the point!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

I don't know if there even is designated "smoking" houses. I've often lived with smokers and they either smoked out the window or stood outside the door. Just let them know, they shouldn't be pricks about it and should just smoke outside.

EDIT: Auto censor didn't catch that one :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement