Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jamie Oliver's trying to be Louis Theroux..

Options
  • 01-09-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭

His new show is woeful.. he's trying to be like Louis Theroux without the intelligence and ability to engage the interviewee.

There's a shot of a pineapple or a pepper every now and then... but he's a fecking chef.. who's he trying to kid?!

I've always liked Jamie Oliver's projects not directly related to food, such as 'School Dinners' or 'Ministry of Food' but this is something else entirely.

Give it a rest Jamie and do some fecking cooking!

PS - on hindsight, maybe this belonged in 'Ranting & Raving' actually! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

basquille wrote: »
    His new show is woeful.. he's trying to be like Louis Theroux without the intelligence and ability to engage the interviewee.

There's a shot of a pineapple or a pepper every now and then... but he's a fecking chef.. who's he trying to kid?!

I've always liked Jamie Oliver's projects not directly related to food, such as 'School Dinners' or 'Ministry of Food' but this is something else entirely.

Give it a rest Jamie and do some fecking cooking!

PS - on hindsight, maybe this belonged in 'Ranting & Raving' actually! ;)

Whats the name of the show? Wheres it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

hblock21 wrote: »
    Whats the name of the show? Wheres it on?
    It's on Channel 4 now - it's called 'Jamie's American Road Trip'

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I thought it would be inspiring. Quiet the opposite. He's a bit of a moron. oohh oohh a cactus farm. lets all jump up and down ooh oohh I stepped in dog poo. I didn't think dogs pooed in the mexican part of LA :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

This was awful. A real let-down.
    Message to TV chefs everywhere: " Just cook the f*cking food!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,662 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

basquille wrote: »
    but he's a fecking chef.. who's he trying to kid?!

And a bad chef at that.
    He is an insufferable plonker ,cant stand him .
    About as much charisma as a lump of coal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I like him and was looking forward to these shows but I'm a bit wary now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Newjellyboxer

Coincidence that I watched both shows last night. Louis was fantastic at illiciting information from all those involved in the hunting in South Africa and it was just such a better more complex piece of television than you would initially have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was watching it last night and the first thing that came to mind was, "Ross Kemp does Enchiladas"

Show doesn't really know what it's trying to be.

He should stick to one thing. Fair enough if he wants to do a road trip showing the darker side of life in certain areas. But when he's talking to someone about their boyfriend/uncle/father being locked up/incarcerated/in a wheelchair it really loses it's poignancy when he then turns to the camera and says, "Yeah, and just chuck a big handful of coriander and a glug of oil into boil and bish bosh bang, Bob's yer uncle mate!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It feels like they did no research beforehand or something, just got off the plane and started wandering around to their versions of Aldi and Lidl and a couple of other boring locations, thought it was utterly pointless when I was watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭scull2009

it would have been a better show with more cooking - i like the idea of him going to normal people and getting their own recipes which have been passed to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

Liked the bit at the swap meet though :)

Advertisement