Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texaco Petrol station on the roxboro road closed.

Options
  • 01-09-2009 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Passed this place tonight and it was closed up. A shame. It had the cheapest petrol in Limerick. Recession is a load of boll@cks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Passed this place tonight and it was closed up. A shame. It had the cheapest petrol in Limerick. Recession is a load of boll@cks.

It's not closed, it's just being completely renovated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭phog

Hopefully, they'll re-open and hold similar pricing as they had before closing, they were a good few cent cheaper than most of the stations in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

That is good news then. I had gotten into the habit of driving out to it for my petrol as they were cheaper than the garages in Dooradoyle, plus the people working there are much friendlier. Glad that they are not shut down and that those folk still have their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

That ''Great Gas'' on the Tipperary road (about 5mins form the city) has fairly reasonable Petrol prices, cheaper than most places in the city as far as I've seen.

Glad they finally put some money into that place.

That Topaz on the Ballysimon Rd on the right as your coming into the city (24hr one), biggest rip off I've seen.

Actually just checked on pumps.ie the Amber on the old cork road has the 5th cheapest petrol in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It will be quite a while before that site is re-opened.

There are new tanks being put down, the canopy has to be raised by 3 mtrs. There is a new deli being put in the shop along with new everthing really.

I haven't gotten an audience with him yet but thats the information I gathered from the site foreman early this morning.

Thank you to goingpostal for the heads up. I rarely use the Roxborough road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭banjobongo

the Amber garage on the Kilmallock Road will also be closing down shortly for renovation, wkill be closed for about 9 mths, so for folks living that side of the city (as I do) the 2 cheapest garages will be closed down for the next while.

banjobongo wrote: »
    the Amber garage on the Kilmallock Road will also be closing down shortly for renovation, wkill be closed for about 9 mths, so for folks living that side of the city (as I do) the 2 cheapest garages will be closed down for the next while.

That site is due to close on the 19th September for a complete gutting. The new site will be an empty carcus and the present owner wants to lease it out to anybody who is interested.

So, hopefully he will get somebody interested. Its a busy road after all with a lot of houses around as well as passing traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TimeonmyHands

Maxol Petrol station heading from Limerick out the Dublin Road just before the Castletroy Park Roundabout is pretty much on a par with the Amber and Roxboro Petrol Stations.

I think the cheapest in Limerick atm is Chawkes on the Dublin Road as they were 115.9 for unleaded this morning. The Topaz beside the regional hospital was 124.9 for unleaded this morning and 114.9 for diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Raheen/Dooradoyle road area is generally the dearest for petrol/diesel in the city and has been for some time. Avoid them like the plague, Clare Street/Dublin Road filling stations are usually the cheapest in the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Keogh's is expensive, but they only have one person there and I think the reason for the price is that they do a lot of Fuel Card business, so they're not that pushed about passing trade, which they get anyway as 24 hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Riordan123

The second cheapes, after Amber, is AppleGreen in Corbally! Nice shop too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Bit out of town bt the station in clarina usualy is pretty competitive!
    I always go to the old cork road station mentioned above sickner its closing for some time!

Bit out of town bt the station in clarina usualy is pretty competitive!
    I always go to the old cork road station mentioned above sickner its closing for some time!

Clarina has been 116.9 for a while now, passed it today on my way back to Limerick. What I did see earlier was that unleaded is 113.9 and Diesel is 100.9 in Newcastle West at both Garvey's station and the service station just beyond it.

That is a big difference on the rip off prices of 124.9 and 114.9 that the Topaz in Dooradoyle is charging.

Kess73 wrote: »
    That is a big difference on the rip off prices of 124.9 and 114.9 that the Topaz in Dooradoyle is charging.

That prick guy does not get good press on these forums, with his high fuel prices and his charges for using laser cards. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Amber was 115.8 today and 104.9 for diesel. I got 30euro worth, and shed a quiet tear as I left the forecourt for the last time (for a while at least). And there was an exceptionally fetching young serving wench behind the counter too! You will be missed, Amber!

Advertisement