Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied computers WIT

Options
  • 01-09-2009 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Hey sashafierce, I'm starting the same postgrad in WIT aswell next week. My degree was in Business Management with Law so was a bit concerned aswell about the standard of computing involved. I'm just hoping that they start with the basics! It's like a conversion course I was told so they should start handy enough and build into it, fingers crossed for us both anyway! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

Well I don't even have ECDL so you're well ahead of me! To be honest I didn't even know we had written exams :D They were kinda aiming it towards us Business Graduates so all I can assume is that we're going to be fine! I'm just hoping ye don't all have ECDL, I don't want to be struggling on my own! :D:D

Haha, I hope that's what we're saying in another few weeks! Slightly off topic, if you know whether we are to go in either Monday or Tuesday please let me know! I'm odviously off to a great start to the year :P

• Advertisement

Haha, first year was fun so fingers crossed :) Thanks a million, I spent the last few days trying to ring admissions, just to wait on timetable so, how exciting :rolleyes:

Nope I'm a girl too!! I was really nervous bout that cause I was told this course would be a "sausage fest" excuse the language :) We might be ok so!

• Advertisement

Haha, wise words indeed! Sure I guess we'll know in a weeks time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

I am a computing student from wit i will be entering a post graduate next week. I would not worry once you guys put in the work you will do fine, some of the modules in Applied Computers i have done in my undergraduate and i have also been taught by lecturers whom did similar conversion courses and there will be a significant amount of work however you will come away with a broad experience of computing. Another thing about the class been empty of woman i have just finished a four year degree in wit and the vast majority of those in the class / or those whom attended class where mature woman so i would not persume the course will be full of blokes only

sashafierce you are thinking about the BSc (Hons) in Applied Computing not the Higher Diploma in Applied Computing.

I would say they they are having you go into wit on monday so that you can be introduced to course leader etc they would do that for all new student concidering this is a conversion course its not unexpected i certainly did not get any email from the collage about going in on monday then again i did my undergraduate in wit so there would not be a need for me to go in

Really that has me a little worried. But i would go by the way the course leader instructs. I have not been contacted so i plan to do what i have always done is turn up on tuesday get timetable and go to first class. You maybe different as its a conversion course

Hey guys, yep I got the email this morning thanks Sasha! I also did my undergraduate in WIT so was a bit surprised about having to go in to do an induction day, but seeing as we all got individual emails it probably best to show, I suppose its just so we all meet each other informally, we'll probably be thrown into it now Tuesday morning :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yeah it probably won't be that necessary to go but at least I'll know where to go Tuesday morning this way! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BobbyDavro

are they still accepting places for this course?

BobbyDavro - To be honest I'm not sure but I know a girl last year who only applied for her place on a Business Masters at the end of August so it's worth a try. I'd keep ringing the postgrad admissions office, at least you would be able to get an answer straight away, good luck :)

Yes i know and this does not effect me but i am just wondering why you guys have to go in monday, thinking maybe i should contact collage find out when i have to go in

BobbyDavro wrote: »
    are they still accepting places for this course?

Could not hurt trying. They are still accepting application on this course
    Higher Diploma in Business Systems Analysis which is another IT conversion course. They are also offering
    M.Eng in Innovative Technologies check wit website

P.S. They are also offering some undergarduate and post graduate course for free for those recently unemployed. They are hosting an open evening for prospective part-time students on Tuesday, September 8, 2009. http://www.wit.ie/News/News/MainBody,38040,en.html
    http://www.wit.ie/News/News/MainBody,37754,en.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BobbyDavro

Cheers :)

Advertisement