Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arbour Hill / Stoneybatter commute to the airport

Options
  • 01-09-2009 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

All,

Ive posted several of these "how long" type threads over the years. Hope Im not boring people! Thinking of moving to the Arbour Hill / Stoney batter area but worried about the commute times. Need to be in the airport for 8.30pm and leave around 5.30pm. Where Im looking, I would be able to get onto the North Circular Road/ N2 or N1 quickly.

Thanks,

Jumpa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

From Stoneybatter/arbour hill your a hop/skip and jump through brunswick st to bolten st/dorset st/drumcondra road-M1. At 530 pm it could take the guts of an hour or so to reach the airport,unless you use the bus lanes. You could also hang a left after brunswick and go via Phibsborough and ballymun, and in the back way to the airport,not so attractive now though with the ikea traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

dubtom, appreciate the input. I would be travelling to the airport for 8.30am and leaving the airport for the city at 5.30pm. Drove it this evening and its no distance from Stoneybatter to my current location. Just worried about rush hour traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Oh sorry mis read ur first one. It's basically the same coming and going tbh,your catching rush hour at those times.Although I often take the ballymun route travelling back into the city from the airport at rush hour,usually only run into heavyish traffic at broadstone.You have 3 lanes in ballymun which cuts out the back up.Give it a try.

Thanks again. Ballymun would be a great choice for me as I normally go home the old swords road and theres a handy little turn off to take over towards the m50/ballymun. Ikea traffic an issue midweek?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Ikea traffic an issue midweek?
    Not really since it doesn't open til 11 am.

If I was going from Stoneybatter to the Airport I'd go up Manor st, onto Prussia st to Hanlon's cnr turn right onto the NCR and left to Annamoe Terrace and on up through Cabra to Connaught street and out onto the Phibsborough road and on to Ballymun.

That way you avoid the bottlenecks at St Peter's church and Doyle's corner:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

I'd avoid that direction altogether, If you go Arbour hill, to infirmany Rd, to the top of the Infirmany hill, take left into the park and either go back of the Zoo or Chesterfield Ave up to the Ashtown gate onto the N3. You are 5 mins to the M50 and its plain sailing all motorway with little or no bottlenecks.

Tricky bit might be getting out the Ashtown gate....

A friend of mine takes 25mins to get from Ashtown to Swords in rush hour traffic!

Thanks all.

I drove from the airport to Church street this evening and done it in 25 minutes via the n1! So its looking promising.

Advertisement