Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tubridy interviews Denzel - 72 Hr Advance Preview!!!

Options
  • 01-09-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Seeing as Ryan Tubridy has built his whole talk show career ripping off David Letterman's style, ideas, set and basically entire format, I can offer you a 72 hour advance preview of his Friday night Late Late Show interview of Denzel Washington here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Paddo81 wrote: »
    He wasnt to my taste. Not a patch on Pat Kenny! :D

Eurghh.. I hope to God you're being sarcastic.
    "You don't want the tickets? Just the money... well no one gets the tickets... whinge whinge" .

Anyway, OT... Tubridy is excruciating to watch. I remember watching him interview Liam Clancy. Liam was telling a poignant story about a racist mayor in America in the '50s.

Yer man Tubridy butts in, "D'ya think you invented rap music".
    STFU You noddy-faced príck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Paddo81

Yeah I was been sarcastic! lol

Tubridy has his flaws but they werent monumental flaws like that of his predesessor. Hes able to handle the light stuff well and if he could just manage to stop lookin like a 12 year old who listenin to adults talkin when theres a serious topic on the show, then I think he'll be grand. If ya think how bad he was when he first started on Tubridy tonight, he scome on leaps and bounds. Another 5 years on the LL Show should season him abit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Newjellyboxer

After seeing the recent adverts for the show I have decided to give him a second chance which Im sure will last ten minutes into Fridays show!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

Hopefully Denzel will go all Training Day on him and it'll be Tubridy's first and last Late Late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

well if he makes a mess of the interview the way he did with the Pure Mule crowd just on Radio One last hour, he wont hold on to the Late Late for long. Interrupting guests, painfully trying to be funny with the usual stupid metaphors, reading out all the fawning texts. I mean what is the point in bringing in all the actors to interview them if he's gonna spend half the time reading out texts. We know the show is brilliant, THAT'S WHY THEY'RE BEING INTERVIEWED.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

After seeing the recent adverts for the show I have decided to give him a second chance which Im sure will last ten minutes into Fridays show!
    well if he makes a mess of the interview the way he did with the Pure Mule crowd just on Radio One last hour, he wont hold on to the Late Late for long. Interrupting guests, painfully trying to be funny with the usual stupid metaphors, reading out all the fawning texts. I mean what is the point in bringing in all the actors to interview them if he's gonna spend half the time reading out texts. We know the show is brilliant, THAT'S WHY THEY'RE BEING INTERVIEWED.

Friday nights Late Late is going to be so bad that its going to be great!!!!

- I think the Puppet might just outcringe the Plank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

There'll be no Denzel on Friday night......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

He sort of has a clean slate as it's his first LLS, so Twink, Brush sheils,Bill Cullen, westlife,the bimbo with the huge knockers, boyzone, all the newsreaders and RTE hangers-on are all open season.

Anything else they can scrape off a toilet seat at RTE is a bonus.

Anyone who has appeared on LLS more than 37 times will automatically get a tribute show, which will be attended by the aforementioned.

My only hope is that his little girly skipping entrance down the stairs goes horribly wrong and RTE are forced to put on Fr.Ted reruns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

I can't wait for interviews with Twink, Keith Duffy and Fr. Brian "It's lonely being a priest you know" Darcy. He also suffers from that curious RTE syndrome where he seems to think the audience actually give a shít what his own opinion on a topic is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    There'll be no Denzel on Friday night......
    Dear lord, what are you going to do to him?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The new Late Late Show set:

34ime1l.jpg

It all looks a bit reminiscent of the Gay Byrne days. Nice to see the return of a proper desk too. I know it's not fashionable (on Internet discussion boards, at least) to say this, but I kind of like Tubridy.

Advertisement