Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual Meter Query

Options
  • 01-09-2009 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi All

Just bought a new house in a town in Co. Wexford and it has a regular meter.
    I was just wondering what I need to do to get a dual meter in and how much it would cost me etc.

To give some details on the house its a 4 bed detached and their will be 2 people and a child living their so energy usage wont be huge.
    Heating is Oil and we are at work during the day so most energy consumption will be at night/weekend.

My question is how expensive is it to get a dual meter installed and is it worth the expense?
    Presumably its done by a registered electricial and not a the ESB

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

All you do is ring your supply, eg esb customer supply, ask for a nightsaver meter to be fitted quoting your MPRN number from the top right corner of your bill.

The new meter will be fitted free of charge by esb networks. Their is different standing charges in having it, but ofcourse you get half price in the off-peak time. Off peak hours are 11pm to 8am in wintertime and 12am to 9am in summertime.

The rural standing charge at the moment for you is €24.90, but on the nightsaver it will be €32.46.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

There's been a few questions on this lately if you want to search.you can do the math on the esb website.Afaik installation is free but there's a fee for changing back.
    Keep in mind the safety aspect of running appliances unattended at night during the off-peak period.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭8ofSpades

Cheers

Thanks Davy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

davelerave wrote: »
    .Afaik installation is free but there's a fee for changing back.

Tis €196.36 to revert to the 24hour meter

Advertisement