Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ableton & Keyboard Midi help

Options
  • 01-09-2009 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

I've got a Casio WK 3000 keyboard which has MIDI in and out, an M-Audio Firewire 410 soundcard which has MIDI in and out, and Ableton 7 on my laptop which is connected to the soundcard. A MIDI cable from the Casio MIDI out is connected to the soundcard's MIDI in.

What I am trying to do, is to use the Casio keyboard to control the piano roll thingy for a VST in Ableton? i.e. I want the notes I play on the Casio keyboard to control the notes of the VST. Is this even possible with Ableton and this keyboard?

In the Ableton MIDI settings it seems there is only a specific list of MIDI controllers you can use, so I'm thinking I might need to get a MIDI controller keyboard e.g. an M-Audio Axiom 25?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

Its possible and easy, you need to click on the "io" tab on the right side,
    select the midi input of your soundcard, and select the "in" button rather than the "auto". Sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Nice one!!! That worked straight away, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

the bill is in the post:P

Advertisement