Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA rant

Options
  • 01-09-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all, I just need to have a good rant.
    I applied for BTEA the first week in July. As of yet I have heard nothing. I have not even received an acknowledgement letter. I am starting college on Monday and I am really worried about it. I have called social welfare and no one answers the flippin phone, on the very rare occasion that they do it is immediately hung up. I have called citizens advice and they just sympathised with social being so backed up. I will have to go to the the main social welfare office on Thursday, which is quite far from where I live.
    Why oh why can't they just let me know if my claim is successful or not?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

OP, i'm waiting on mine too but on the form it says you won't receive payment until you register and can show you've started attending college. Have you got any kind of registration letter or proof? If you don't you may have to wait and like other posters have said it could be in to October before many people get word.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fifitrix

Hi Fifomania, I got accepted for my course back in June so I sent them a copy of my acceptance letter. I had to sign on today so do you think I will still be getting my job seekers allowance even though I won't be looking for work. I am so confused?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

They only took my application off me last week, they kept saying it was too early before that. I rang them yesterday to explain that its orientation this week and i won't be able to get to the post office to collect my jobseekers, she said it'd be keep until friday so thats fine, when i asks what i was to do next week when i'm full time in college she said "theres no point worrying about that now, worry about it when the time comes"

I have nearly every friday afternoon off this year so in theory i can collect my jobseekers for the foreseeable future but thats not exactly playing by the rules is it! Its bad enough that i had to stay out of work all this year so i could apply for the BTEA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

I only found this out last week, but apparently they keep your money in the post office for around three days for you before they send it back. I was told as my payment date is on Wednesday I could collect the money until Monday. This was by someone on the dole, not the Office though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jellyt

Call 017043000 And ask for the BTEA section , and they might be able to help put your nerves at ease. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

you do not receive a letter, you must go back to the office where you applied. ie. where you sigh on. they will inform you of the decision there. the decision on my application took 3 weeks. thay seem to be mad to get people on BETA. it was explained to me that you are tecnically still receiving jobseerkes or whet ever your payment is. BETA is really were you are aloud to receive the payment, not sign on and not look for work, so you still consult the dole office, if that make sense.:)

sorry, i stand corrected, i got a letter today confirming my BETA application has been approved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭googlehead

DK47 wrote: »
    sorry, i stand corrected, i got a letter today confirming my BETA application has been approved.

from when you left in your application until you received your letter of approval
    today how long was that?

I put mine in last week and I am waiting nervously:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fifitrix

Hi All,
    I got my letter today!! At long last. I don't have a form regarding the one off allowance of €500, but I will inquire about it when I start college next week. I am just really happy that I got it. Just on more question though, does everyone get a standard rate? I have deductions made on my job seekers (probably because my hubby is working) and I was under the impression that the deductions will be added on to BTEA. Please advise
    Thanks

fifitrix wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I got my letter today!! At long last. I don't have a form regarding the one off allowance of €500, but I will inquire about it when I start college next week. I am just really happy that I got it. Just on more question though, does everyone get a standard rate? I have deductions made on my job seekers (probably because my hubby is working) and I was under the impression that the deductions will be added on to BTEA. Please advise
    Thanks

hey fifitrix, great news, and the even better news is you get the full rate, no reductions!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement