Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will we get back together?

Options
  • 01-09-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so, long story short we were together 3 years, it was both of our first serious relationships and we were very serious about eachother very quickly. But, i had some issues and he was a bit younger than me and all of a sudden didnt wanna be all settled down and things turned bad and after a series of breaks, we broke up. That was 2 years ago this November

We never lost the connection or the bond for eachother though. He was the one who ultimatley wanted the break up and i had begged for him to rethink it but it got me no where. I requested no contact over and over again but he has always come back to me. He's never wanted to get back together, but he seems to miss me after long periods apart. Need me even.

Last winter, when i went away on holidays it had been 3 months since i had any contact with him at all, i still thought about him all the time but was able to put it out of my head. Anyway, when i was away he posted on another internet forum we both use about a serious car accident he had been in. My heart almost stoppd, and I made contact with him just to say i hoped he was ok. It opened the gates and he eventually admitted he'd posted it because he knew i would probably see it.

He also got very emotional and said i was the only person who cared about him.

Hes just gone to America on a 1 year working visa. I asked him before he left not to contact me too much when hes away as i felt the distance might really help me get over him......but, before he even left on the night of his going away party at 5am i got a text saying "hey, went out for drinks tonight, i wanted to ask you but i didn't know if you would be ok with it. Hope you got on ok training yesterday, was trying to call Barry to get him to help you but his phone was in the car"

I read in to these texts and situations far too much.

Anyway, he's been in America a month now and yesterday i got an email asking me to phone him. I repplied and said ok, and asked was everything ok>?? He said it was and he just needed to hear a friendly voice!

So i called him and when i had to hang up and go back to work he sounded genuinely sad, and then he emailed me again later to thank me for the call.

I don't wanna be a nutter putting my life on hold for this one guy, like i know, he doesn't see me in that way anymore, hes told me a million times....i just can't understand what he thinks he's feeling when he keeps coming back to me for comfort and friendship??

I love him so much but i cant go through that heartbreak again, should i forget him and cut ties? Or wait in hope?

My mum gave out to me for entertaining him yesterday and i could only respond by saying that the thoughts of him being lonely and unhappy in a foreign country actually hurt me, There is no way i couldnt be there for him. He really is like a soulmate.

I hope i don't sound like some saddo

The longest weve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

First of all you arent a saddo. I often found myself thinking about exes and wondering how they are doing and the odd time I would contact them to see how they are getting on. Just because you think about someone doesn't always mean that you want to get back with them.

Perhaps your ex just misses having you in his life not as a girlfriend but simply as a person. We get very attached to people and hate when we lose someone quite close, it can be very hard to adjust to life without them.

Hes in the USA for a year so I think the healthiest thing that you can do for yourself is just cut off contact because hes not here you aren't going to get back together for now. You need to try your best to move on and get on with your life. If its meant to be you'll bump into each other when he gets back but for now its best to leave well enough alone.

Advertisement