Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Match thread ** Tue 08/09 20:00 St Solmcilles Boardeaux Vs TFI - Friendly

Options
  • 01-09-2009 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

First pre-season friendly confirmed, versus The Full Irish.

At St Colmcille's School, meet at 7.30PM Tuesday, 8th September

I'll be texting last season's squad, and emailing/texting new/potential players.

Hope to see as many there as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

You get my text last week Des?

I've started physio on my knee last week and it will continue for next 8weeks. I've been diagnosed with 'Jumpers knee'(tendonitis) and if the rehab doesn't work at the end of 8 weeks it will require surgery.

So' i'm definitely out for next 2-3 months anyway - fingers crossed no longer. I'll opt out for now but if it's ok would like to come back mid season if I get all clear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

That's crap Eddie. Good luck with the recovery!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Good luck with the recovery Eddie.

I'm in for this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'll be there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im still out...7 weeks now and no improvement. im looking into an operation now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

How many have we got for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

How many have we got for this?

Enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Good luck tonight lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Good game tonight, good to work off some of the rust. 2-1 win for us but ya gotta say we are clearly TFI's bogey team cos they're often hard done by by the result and noone could've complained if it was a draw. Clay made some good saves for us but we had some nice moves and a few good chances ourselves.

Screamer from Gav as usual for the winner, though clearly it was the dink over your man's head that made it for him :p

Some very good showings from the 4 new lads that played, with Art being the standout from our usual panel with some great linkup play dropping off. Well done to all.

I'm away next week for one week so hopefully there's another friendly under the belt when I get back....but more importantly here's hoping there' enough cash paid up to secure that final league spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I've a bruised elbow and a bruised left knee from where I was bundled into the fence. I've a dead right leg from a knee I got in the thigh, and I generally hurt all over. They're tough at the back, fair mind you, but bloody tough.

Sorry I didn't put away those chances lads, but I got caught in two minds and dragged them wide as a result. Still important to get the bad ones out of the way in pre-season I think :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Good game tonight, good to work off some of the rust. 2-1 win for us but ya gotta say we are clearly TFI's bogey team cos they're often hard done by by the result and noone could've complained if it was a draw. Clay made some good saves for us but we had some nice moves and a few good chances ourselves.

Screamer from Gav as usual for the winner, though clearly it was the dink over your man's head that made it for him :p

Some very good showings from the 4 new lads that played, with Art being the standout from our usual panel with some great linkup play dropping off. Well done to all.

I'm away next week for one week so hopefully there's another friendly under the belt when I get back....but more importantly here's hoping there' enough cash paid up to secure that final league spot.

Would agree with that Jules, clay made a couple of great saves but we also had our chances. But it was a good physical encounter and a good way to blow the cobwebs out.

Firstly I thought our new guys did very well, Conor had plenty of energy running up and down the wing, Graham (or Skank as clay calls him) did very well at CB as did Cathal. Dan was immense as always.
    The LB who came on for Geoff, his name escapes me did well too.

Cracking finish by Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 andrew71

Cheers for the game lads. Not sure what we have to do to get a result against you these days. Great finish for the winner, fair play.

Have a good season, wherever you end up. See you next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Good luck to you too Andy, with us out of the way, you'll be in with a shout in your league :D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

After some poor performances mid-season, I have to say the last few games I've seen have been a credit to the team in how everyone has played. Genuinely entertaining games too to boot to watch with the game against Ketamine standing out as well as last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

The LB who came on for Geoff, his name escapes me did well too.

That was mise. I've signed the standard €50k a week contract with clean sheet bonus too.

Andy

Advertisement