Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Civil Eng. Subject Choices?

Options
  • 01-09-2009 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

There is no way i'm going to do a language.
    So it says i can choose from either surveying or numerical analysis
    I'm kinda leaning towards survewing cos i know what its about and num. analysis seems hard

But are we actually able to do surveying or is it just for the crowd that were undenominated last year?

i've already asked a few people but no1 seems 2 know
    any help would be greatly appreciated
    cathal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Cathal Kelly

i'm gonna bump this b4 it disapperas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

There is no way i'm going to do a language.
    So it says i can choose from either surveying or numerical analysis
    I'm kinda leaning towards survewing cos i know what its about and num. analysis seems hard

But are we actually able to do surveying or is it just for the crowd that were undenominated last year?

i've already asked a few people but no1 seems 2 know
    any help would be greatly appreciated
    cathal

Of the people that you've asked, were any of them working in the engineering faculty?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Cathal Kelly

well i asked a few of th lads in my class but none of them know for sure
    i got no actual answer from people in the faculty yet
    1 replied saying that they had forwarded my queiry onto some1 else
    and another asked me if i was civil/undenom. last year
    i'm waiting on their reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 killman

If you did civil last year do numerical if you have any sense and want to take it easy.(doesnt matter if u did french or german for lc)

If you did undenominated last year you have no choice, have to do surveying...simillarly civils cannot choose surveying as choice in second year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

Its fairly clearly mentioned in the department handbook that surveying is only for undenominated. Looks like you'll be doing numerical analysis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

pmg58 wrote: »
    Its fairly clearly mentioned in the department handbook that surveying is only for undenominated. Looks like you'll be doing numerical analysis.
    killman wrote: »
    do numerical if you have any sense and want to take it easy.

Looks like you're in luck OP.

I'm always surprised by how long it can take departments to respond to questions. Perhaps they get a huge number of them...

Advertisement