Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WASPS !!

Options
  • 01-09-2009 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭

I know late summer is the time for wasps, but this year there seems to be a plague of them.

Why is that?? i would have taught the severe frost we had at the start of the year would have killed many queens:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Being honest, iv seen feck all. The only time i've seen some was at the fair in birr two weeks ago. Havnt seen any around at all but i keep hearing about how theres so many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I was watching monkeys in a willife park, where there was loads, they eat them.

Catch them in a clap with their hands, roll them between their hands and eat them quickly. Great to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭FACEPALM

I got stung 2 weeks ago by a wasp.
    It didn't even fly around me . It fell out of a tree , stung me and then pissed off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Just reading over this thread and i remembered the brothers first encounter wit a wasp. Had to laugh. We were outside, he was about 9, and a wasp landed on his arm. Me being the sensible one (and ten year older) told him to 'be careful, it'l sting ya if it dosn fly away'. So the brother picked it up, between thumb and fore finger and it stung him right on the thumb. I rolled around laughin as he ran inside roaring! I dont know did he misunderstand me or was he really that stupid to pick it off his arm:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Just discovered that I have a wasps nest under my roof. Whats the best way to dispose of it. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

At this point just wait until after the frost arrives and take it out. They'll be dead at that stage.

Advertisement