Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning for O/H's Birthday... WAY in advance

Options
  • 01-09-2009 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

This might seem far too early. Both the O/H & myself are in our mid 20's, and for some reason I got to thinking recently: what can I do to make her 30th Birthday extra special? While I was thinking about it I realised that I'd need a few quid to do anything really!

So If I put away a small amount each month until then I should be able to build up a decent fund. Maybe between €1,500 - €3,000.... Still not a lot, but hopefully by that stage we'll be in a better position financially, less debt / more income etc etc.. and I'll be able to contribute more each year...

So what suggestions have you?

Holiday?
    Party?
    Car?
    Spa Weekend in a luxury hotel?
    Jewellary?

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Why not nominate yourself for the O/H of the decade award and use the money you win to do all of the above. :)

Seriously though, fair play for being so organized, i'd suggest saving for now and then closer to the time deciding what she really wants. No point in planning on a holiday only to find out she's going away the week before and it ruining your long time plans.

Maybe find out what her dream thing to do would be if she had no limitations and try working towards a version of that.

Advertisement