Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 6th Year

Options
  • 01-09-2009 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi .. Looking for a bit of advice.

Am looking for somewhere to do 6th year LC.. School not an option (long story).. but just to say we dont see eye to eye..
    Have heard of Ashfield College and the institute etc but would really like to look outside the box.. I know that School would be best but really do not think it is an option.

Ta for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

AFAIK Marian college has a LC repeat programme. There's Rathmines College too. There's also a school in town that does one but I don't know it's name. I know it's on North Richmond St or something. Check out local VECS, they'll point you in the right direction

Ashfield is now the Education Centre. I haven't heard great things about Ashfield, with regard to overcrowding and bad atmosphere. If you were to choose a grind school I'd say The Institute (regardless of what people say). I've only ever done a revision course but it does have a good set up imo.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 BobRuth

Hi djcervi.

Thanks for that ,, just to clarify I have not yet sat any LC so its not really a repeat but cant face the final year in School..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

BobRuth wrote: »
    Hi djcervi.

Thanks for that ,, just to clarify I have not yet sat any LC so its not really a repeat but cant face the final year in School..

If you haven't done the LC before you are probably better off going to somewhere like the Institute as most normal schools continue on with the 6th year course from 5th year.The Insitute and special repeat schools will start from scratch.They are more expensive but worth it.

Advertisement