Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

METAL BARS in dublin

Options
  • 01-09-2009 3:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Theres can't only be fibbers and bruxelles (I don't consider eamon dorans a metal bar or even a rock bar for than matter). Anyone know of anywhere that does metal nights/ has a decent jukebox etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

in a similar attempt to branch out, i paid a visit to the seemingly only other "altternative" bar- Dominion. Well suffice it to say that it wouldnt be my scene at all (to abyone here that was in dominion last saturday i was the guy in the deicide tshirt looking decidedly out of place lol)

It does seem that fibs and brux are the only 2 metal bars. I would welcome any other suggestions tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Doesn't matter if you consider Eamonn Doran's anyway, because it's now closed down. The scene was looking good as another place to go, but it's gone into liquidation so that's that. Not much else in Dublin I'm afraid!

isnt dorans meant to be back open now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ain't the voodoo lounge a metal bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 doodle_bear

voodoo lounge is gone! ..even though it smelled bad, it was still deadly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Bo_Darville

At least in Dublin you have two metal bars, its a frustrating business else where, i'm only lucky enough to hit Fibbers once in a blue moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Max Power1 wrote: »
    isnt dorans meant to be back open now?
    Nope, was closed last night anyway :( Did any of you guys see a guy who constantly busks around town, plays a lot of rock with about 5 different effect pedals :P He's class :D

was that your man with teh wah pedals and the cymbal-on-shoes thing that made cymbal noises when he tapped? He was outside fresh last weekend. Good alright!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

voodoo lounge is gone! ..even though it smelled bad, it was still deadly!

Aw thats a pity,I saw exodus in there,great gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pickled Tranee

now this is a good topic this one :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pickled Tranee

well I don't know of any but I would prefer Classical or normal rock bars more than metal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Jellah_bean

I have a dream...that one day I will open my own metal bar..and it won't smell of piss! hooray. was in bruxelles on saturday nigt actually new dj is ace by the end of the night there was a sing along going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Dorans was bought by MCD who also own Vicar street, could be great for the gigging and metal scene as they are looking to turn downstairs into a proper gigging venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Dorans was bought by MCD who also own Vicar street, could be great for the gigging and metal scene as they are looking to turn downstairs into a proper gigging venue.

That sounds awesome! Would be great to see that happen. I heard that the lads who own Sin Nightclub were trying to get in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

Max Power1 wrote: »
    in a similar attempt to branch out, i paid a visit to the seemingly only other "altternative" bar- Dominion. Well suffice it to say that it wouldnt be my scene at all (to abyone here that was in dominion last saturday i was the guy in the deicide tshirt looking decidedly out of place lol)

It does seem that fibs and brux are the only 2 metal bars. I would welcome any other suggestions tho!

dominion a goth/EBM bar? Used to be downstairs in fraisers when i used to go to it - think its in issac butts now. Was never a goth but used to go cause my mates went to it and before that when it was on the top floor and known as the 13th floor. Had some good nights in there! Might take a trip down memory lane and try it this weekend. look out for the old guy mottling it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Was in issac butts then moved to dame st and now is back in fraisers.
    http://dominion.gothic.ie/

I really don't know why someone savy hasn't opened up another pub/bar, it's not as if there is not a thread on here ever 2 months with people wishing for another better option then fibbers or bruxies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 plug-in-baby

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Was in issac butts then moved to dame st and now is back in fraisers.
    http://dominion.gothic.ie/

I really don't know why someone savy hasn't opened up another pub/bar, it's not as if there is not a thread on here ever 2 months with people wishing for another better option then fibbers or bruxies.

There was a metal bar called the scene or something up by stephens green that opened a while ago but closed because it went into liquidation ! was 3 euro drinks and had an amazing juke box.. noone seemed to know about it though bar a few .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Dorans was bought by MCD who also own Vicar street,

When did that happen , thought Vicar St was an Aiken Promotions place :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Kicking myself i didn't get to the scene. Kept telling myself "I'll go another day, I'll go another day.." but it just never happened.. *sobs*

Advertisement