Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ME!

Options
  • 01-09-2009 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

irish rapper yeah, but look past it :rolleyes:, yas might not like, yas might, who knows

but honest opinions good or bad are welcome

appreciate any feedback

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭CrankyStudent

not a single opinion folks? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The beat or the rhymes or both?

well the beat is just a beat i yoinked, the rap itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

well the beat is just a beat i yoinked,

lol, thats a bit bogus man.

ah its a free download on a site i get my beats on in fairness, i aint exactly making millions of using it now am i

• Advertisement

ah its a free download on a site i get my beats on in fairness, i aint exactly making millions of using it now am i

I see. But that is a different story, and not quite as cool i guess.

I was simply mentioning, as a producer, disproval at beat stealing is all.

As you didn't do that, carry on.

ok, well as a producer what ya think of the RAP :P

and what kinda beats do ya make?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Nice job, not exactly the most uplifting subject matter which I found funny next to the video.

a the video is irrelevant :P all it shows is im an alco who smokes to much

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah I know it has nothing to do with the song. You got any other stuff up to listen to?

• Advertisement

nothin id be overly proud of now at this stage cuz its all old, 2 years or more, but **** it

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=351851

most my stuff is morbid enough

ok, well as a producer what ya think of the RAP :P

and what kinda beats do ya make?

Personally, i liked it. I thought it had a nice tight structure, and personally i love the subject matter myself.

I like grimey music thought.

Did you record the vocal yourself? It's nice, and well layered in the mix.

Oh yeah, i do Dubstep and some grimey hip hop too. If you like, you can have a listen to my latest hip hop beat below.

http://soundcloud.com/shatterfreak/insulin-response

nah didnt do it myself, all done in a studio in kildare, some pics of it on the video

my old stuff is cringeworthy to listen to :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

i think its decent, you've really improved over the years. Keep up the good work........in relation to the beats, there is a dutch guy (producer) that has a thread open on this forum, i think his name is Word Document or something like that. He's looking for somebody to work with so you could get some new original beats there. Also Dragan might be nice enough to drop you one :pac:

Thread Link: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055668858

nah didnt do it myself, all done in a studio in kildare, some pics of it on the video

my old stuff is cringeworthy to listen to :(

Ha ha ha, you should hear the first tune i made mine...it's a pile of ****e.

WHo cares?? I'd rather look back and see improvement between then and now. Imagine looking back and being the same?

Slow death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Not bad at all mate, not bad at all!

Quite like your rhyming, not so keen on the video.
    I think artists like yourself are better off with one image/logo backgrounds.

Listening to it again now and I really like that.

cheers gents appreciate it, gonna use the 1 pic for youtube stuff in future i think ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Tis good, kinda reminds me of joe budden for some reason!

well i do listen and relate to his stuff more then any other rapper so it might have some effect on my style i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

irish rapper yeah, but look past it :rolleyes:, yas might not like, yas might, who knows

but honest opinions good or bad are welcome

Well I can't give you an 'expert opinion' but I listen to a lot of Irish rap and like a lot of the stuff put out by the likes of Redzer, Jambo, Rawsoul, Nu-centz, Terawrizt etc. Not forgetting Dili and Nugget either but those two seem to spend a lot of time dissing each other :D

So, from the point of view of a listener, I like this track. It's good and flows well and you do a good job of matching up your pace and style with the tune. Until I listen to it a few more times on a better computer I can't say much more really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Cranky Student...I take it from that soundclick link that you are ButcherBoy, yeah? The same ButcherBoy that wrote 'Everyroad', 'Victimised' and 'Other Side'? I like those tunes :)

Advertisement