Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tough times don't last but tough people do

• 31-08-2009 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Well im back, thought Id start a new thread as im begining a new chapter in my running. Last year I had an up and down year, alot of downs but whatever.
    Im starting Cross Country training now and im going into to it on the back of running personal best over 400,800,1500,mile. So im hoping to have a strong cross country.
    There is a good group of us now in the club and training last year with peter, fitzington,ecoli was what its all about..
    Now where all back from our break and all training for the same distance.
    This is just a log to monitor my training and to give others an insight into my training and comments are welcome... MOST of the time lol

A lil background into me for new people,
    Im 21 student from tallaght, iv been running for about 10years with my local club. I train about 6days a week and take it serious.

Anyways thats it for now, I hope to hear from you all soon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭DJS

Week 1
    Day 1 - Rest(back from athlone)
    Day 2 - 30mins + drills & strides
    day 3 - 30mins + Core
    day 4 - 30mins(steady)
    Day 5 - Rest(athlone)
    Day 6 - Rest(athlone)
    Day 7 - Rest(athlone)
    Weekly milege = 12
    Average Weight = 67kg
    Total Milege = 12

Week 2
    Day 1 - 40mins + Core, sit ups, medicine ball
    Day 2 - 40mins + drills
    Day 3 - 40mins + Core, sit ups
    Day 4 - 40mins + drills & strides(2x200m 33sec)
    Day 5 - Rest
    Day 6 - 40mins(not great)
    Day 7 - 40mins(park route)
    Weekly milege = 36
    Average weigth = 68kgs
    Total Milege = 48

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭RJM22

Best of luck with the new log - Hope to see some seriously fast times posted here!

67kg? What height are you?

RJM22 wrote: »
    Best of luck with the new log - Hope to see some seriously fast times posted here!

67kg? What height are you?

Cheers man ill do my best!
    Im only a short 5"8-5"9 thats all

Week 3
    Day 1 - 50mins + Core, Sit ups, Medicine Ball, Push ups
    Day 2 - 40mins + drills &2x200m in 32,33 with 1min recovery,2laps c/down
    Day 3 - 50mins
    Day 4 - 40mins + drills & 4x150 with 50m jog rec, 2 laps c/down
    Day 5 - Off
    Day 6 - 40mins steady
    Day 7 - 50mins
    Weekly Milege = 42miles
    Average Weight = 68kgs
    Total Milege = 78

Week 4
    Day 1 - 60mins(9miles) + Circuits

Longest run since im back, nice steady pace aswel. This is my last week of base before I hit the sessions. So far so good..

• Advertisement

Week 4
    Day 2 -
    50mins(7.5miles) + 2x200m strides(30,32) with 1 min recovery, 2laps cool down.

Last night after my run my left ankle was trobing like mad so I was a bit worried about that but I woke up and it was grand so I headed out for a run and met up with two lads from my club so went around with them for awhile and got back to the track for a few strides. Felt really good doing these, I feel alot more stronger so all bodes well for when I have to hit up the track come indoors!

Week 4
    Day 3 -
    60mins(9miles) + Circuits

Today was same as monday, it was a lovely day for running and we ran the same loop as monday and we were 4mins quicker so happy days, it wasnt ment to be that fast but it just happened. I felt really good tonight and was motoring around and pulling the two young lads around with me. Mr.sunshine came out today so had to dust off the singlet for tonights run. So worth it, any chance i get its coming out!
    Anyways its coming up to my last week of base building and im delighted so far with how things are going, im fitter and leaner then ever!
    But everythin will all come down to my sessions, start them next week and next weeks milege will be higher then iv ever went so it shall be fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 1500mrunner

Welcome back man, Ill be keeping an eye on this log and I will be hoping for some good runs this year!! Keep up the miles!

Week 4
    Day 1 - 60mins(9miles)+ Circuits
    Day 2 - 50mins(7.5)+2x200
    Day 3 - 60mins(9miles)+ Circuits
    Day 4 - 50mins(7.5)
    Day 5 - Off
    Day 6 - 45mins(7)
    Day 7 - 55mins(8.5)
    Weekly Milege = 48.5miles
    Average Weight = 68kgs
    Total Milege = 126.5

So 4weeks later and im now finished my base training. This next 2weeks are going to be tough training as I bumb up my milege to higher then iv ever went before and I do my first double and start my sessions.
    I have planned to do a nice 400m session tuesday in tymon, Thursday iv have my double and a light session and then ill be doing my long run saturday as we changed the day of our session at the weekend to sunday. Were hittin pheonix park for a few munich laps. Till next time!

Week 5
    Day 1 - 70mins(10miles)

Day 2 - 15mins w/up, 15x400m* off 1min rest, 15mins c/down

Today was my first session back from my break and the first of my winter training. I was joined by three other lads, one is an experienced runner who off no training is fairly able to whip out a session. The other is Fitzington and the other is a new runner only 17. So all of us had different goals.
    We did the session in Tymon park and although it was bust with GAA we were just about able to get the session in even if we had a few close calls with hurlies!!
    Anyways I lead out the first few and not knowing what pace to go we hit the first few in 75s which is alot quicker then I was getting these in last year but they felt pretty slow. Then one of the lads in the middle really picked it up and we slowly got them down to 65s which was really good. The first 9 flew in, then they started to hurt. After 12 I was left on my own and I finished off in 70s but had to dig in. All and all I think we all should be happy with the session. There is alot more left in the legs but its still early days. Tonight is another 10miles recovery run. Pet3ry and ecoli were also in tymon doings 800s and they seem to be really flying. Hopefully soon ill join up with them for a session!
    Anyways thats all for know.. First session down, bring on this cross country races haha

• Advertisement

Week 5
    Day 3 - 70mins(10miles)

Day 4 - 10min w/up, 5x1k off 3mins, 10min c/down
    3.20, 3.18,3.16,3.15,3.05

The session on thursday was one I did with the younger lads, Im coaching now and I was asked to take a group for a 1k session. So my recovery was longer then id normall take, but all and all I felt really good running and the last 1k was pretty solid. Legs are feeling this weeks training. Anyways so far so good, Im done doing sessions till tuesday so friday, sat and sun im just goin to run. Till next time

Ok well sorry i havent kept this upto date! I have been training and iv been training hard.
    This has been my trainin this week
    Monday
    7.5miles + Core
    Tuesday:
    Am 30mins
    Pm -15mins w/up,5x2mins hills,15mins c/down
    Wednesday
    10miles, 2x100m strides and Core
    Thursday:
    Am 30mins
    Pm - 15mins w/up,3xmile tempo, 5.41,5.44,5.35, 15mins c/down
    Friday:
    rest
    Saturday:
    6miles(planned)
    Sunday: Dublin Novices

im pretty happy with the week of running. The session of hills i find my sort of thing this week we were joined by peter and he really schooled me on how to run the hills. Last week all my hills were roughly the same spot. But this week on the first one i took a bit handy and when i got to the spot I was getting to last week i had 15seconds left. The session was goin grand till I took out the 3rd one a nearly ruined my session.
    Thursday session was grand was holding back something serious! But I pulled young fitzington thru for a very impressive session. There is more there in the tank. It was something I never liked but I came away thinkin, awh that wasnt that bad. I wont be scarred of doiny any longer sessions with the others from now on thats for sure.
    Anyway this weekend im running the dublin novices for Tallaght AC we had a strong team a bout a week and a half ago but nearly 4 lads dropped out, two because they were to young, one cause he wont be here and another cause he is runnin the marathon and wasnt interested in running xc. We still have a solid 4 man team madde of up an 8.38 3k lad, peter,ecoli and myself. Im not expecting we set the world alight but im just hoping for a better run the last weekend.

Anyways thats all for now!!

Ok well iv kinda of started back up my other blog. Its just a better way to post fotos of my races and videos, but I think ill just copy and paste it onto this blog just for my follwers here haha
    Anyways since the Novices iv hit some ok-ish training. Last week i hit some hills with peter after a nice 25mins warm up we eventually got to the helfire club. Then thursday I had to rush the sessions cause my good friend Kev was getting married and had to leg it down to the park and i came across a very good loop in tymon with 1k markers, I just did a lil tempo with a 3mile w/up and cool down.
    That was grand, Saturday I did the tymon 1200m loop faster then iv ever went on it off short rest with 3miles w/up and c/dwn.
    Sunday I had a nice long run.

Well last week went pretty well. After racing for 2 weekends in a row it was nice just to get some good training in and watch a race. We went out early sunday morning and watched the Gerry Farnham race which was pretty good. Good races but the tallaght lads will come good when it counts im sure. We are slowly but surely turning heads in the team battle. Anyways this next week is pretty solid hitting high enough milege with three sessions, hills, tempo and munichs with a long run. Ill be joining up with pete fitz on tuesday for some hills. Tempo will prob be on my own and munich then with the group(pete,luke,fitzer)
    My next race isnt till the intermediates but I might run the dublin seniors if im needed but thats not very likely but iv time to get some training down.
    Here is the plan for the weeks training:

Monday-
    12miles and core
    Tuesday-
    Morning run
    Helfire hills
    Wednesday-
    12miles and core
    Thursday-
    Morning run
    Tempo 3x7mins
    Friday-
    Rest
    Saturday-
    Munichs
    Sunday-
    Long run

Things so far are going good. Im feeling good in sessions and im starting doing tempos. The hills this week will be increased from 5 to 7 so that will be interesting to see if I can stay up with peter for most of them. Our team mate luke has been on the shelf this week after he got some blood tests, hopefully we will have him back for some runs and fingers crossed he gets good news for the tests.
    Anyone who wants to view my blog the link is -

http://just-a-bit-of-fun.blogspot.com/

Advertisement