Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.buyff.com - is it real

Options
  • 31-08-2009 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Evening, I was looking at buying a new TV and came across the website www.buyff.com. Has anyone ever used this site as I'm afraid it's not very secure. I'm looking at purchasing a Philips 42pf9813 and they offer it at a great price. Is this one of those scamming sites or is it legit??? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 StuartC

looks ok to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 thats that

Cheers Stuart..
    Think I'll give it a chance.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moving to Consumer Issues as its not the right forum.

This is for Internet Marketing & Search Engine Optimisation Topics only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Let us know how you get on :D PLease

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

thats that wrote: »
    Evening, I was looking at buying a new TV and came across the website www.buyff.com. Has anyone ever used this site as I'm afraid it's not very secure. I'm looking at purchasing a Philips 42pf9813 and they offer it at a great price. Is this one of those scamming sites or is it legit??? :confused:

Really hope you didn't send them any money by Western Union or bank transfer, it's a scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

99.99% sure that this is a scam site. Western Union, Moneygram, Bank transfer, no actual credit card facility, coupled with unbelievably cheap prices and what do you get? All this screams scam.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Golden rule of Internet shopping - If you have to ask if the site is real it is not :pac:.

Oh and the fact it is a hotmail address for contact; the payment methods are the once used by scammers world wide and the fact they are offering to ship ridiculous large items such as a bikes and motorcycles is a dead give away of a scam site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

FAKE.

You can't pay by credit card. All money orders :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,980 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It can't be a scam because Li Li bought a bike.:pac:

by li li
    Date Added: Friday 10 July, 2009 pixel_trans.gifWhen the bike arrived the weather was terrible ,but the item is really a nice surprise.I just purchased this bike and have been riding it for a week now and I absolutely love it!

Rating: stars_5.gif [5 of 5 Stars!]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

jor el wrote: »
    99.99% sure that this is a scam site. Western Union, Moneygram, Bank transfer, no actual credit card facility, coupled with unbelievably cheap prices and what do you get? All this screams scam.

Why the .01% doubt? :D I'll go one better

100% Scam!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Hey op, did you buy here in the end?

Advertisement