Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New puppy lonely!

Options
  • 31-08-2009 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi there

My neighbours just got a new little puppy (a Beagle) but he is whining a lot at night (as all puppies so I believe). I heard at one point about putting a hot water bottle or something similar wrapped up in his basket to give him the feeling of warmth that he would have gotten from his brother/sisters before he was rehomed... Is this an idea or does anyone have any other ideas to help? I've never had a dog so I have no idea really!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Are you minding the puppy?

Yes a warm hotwaterbottle wrapped in a towel in their basket can help, as can a ticking clock put near/in their basket (sounds like a heartbeat to them). It can take a while for them to settle also.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 evrumum

We also have a Beagle. For a short while at night we used to leave a radio on very low but just so she could hear voices and music. She cried so much for the first couple of weeks but came out of it okay!! Also, a puppy pen helps them feel safe. We used one of them on both of our dogs for a good while until they got used to their surroundings.

Advertisement