Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a high cat of the ****ing jews?

Options
  • 31-08-2009 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

thread on politics board ... (yeye yawn... what was I thinking reading the politics board etc..) called "Suppression of free speech in Galway, Ireland"

anyway it had this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch9ORXw8ulw

I posted this request on the thread but... they're gone off talking about isreal and palestine... so...

can anyone else make out what is being said in the background between 2mins 25secs and 2mins 35secs?

here's a link to jump to 2mins 25secs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch9ORXw8ulw#t=2m25

so far I think it's

woman: what is it danny, like?
    man: heh?
    woman: what is it?

now this is where I get confused... I can't make out the start of what the man in the background replies but it ends with "of the ****ing jews"

does he reply with "a high cat of the ****ing jews"?

or is it "a high cap of the ****ing jews"?

or is it something else? I just can't make it out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

oh, and if it is a "high cat" or "high cap"... can someone translate the slur?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Camera man seems to be a bit of a jerk...

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Guy wasnt making a scene until the elderly couple started to shout at him. It was wrong of the Guard to arrest him.He did come across as a jerk but the couple made a false complaint and it was wrong of the guard to just listen to their side of the argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Moojuice wrote: »
    Guy wasnt making a scene until the elderly couple started to shout at him. It was wrong of the Guard to arrest him.He did come across as a jerk but the couple made a false complaint and it was wrong of the guard to just listen to their side of the argument.

while i agree that he did nothing wrong by his protest the guard obviouly arrested him for failure to comply with the direction of a guard.

However I do believe that it was in the public interest that he was arrested, Ive seen it before where they are arrested and allowed to cool down in the station before been released.

its gloriously wrong but the guards end of day job is public interest/safety and if you go out inciting(not causing) public anger its best to cool down the situation before it flares up and like a fire the best thing to do is take away the heat not the fuel.

personally when the couple abused him he should have stayed silent or nodded and thanked them for their thoughts not try to engage with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its Slydice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

It's "pack of effing jews".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Salvelinus

Damn jews, I can't wait until they let the palestinians set up their liberal paradise where there will be no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Both sides were entitled to free speech...which they got. The Protester should have listened to the Garda, he got what he deserved. He invited the guy to a political debate as if he was showing some sort of reserve but that was obviously a show because he didn't shut up when he was asked to.

The American couple were trying to help him and even they seemed to get annoyed by the fact he wouldn't shut up. He probably loved that all of this happened because it highlights his cause and gives him some sort of notoriety. I see him pretty much every week. His huge flag is an eye sore but other than that I don't care too much about who he is or what he does. Meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

'boycott' probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

What an absolute retard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

"A high cap of the fuckin jews"

Basically refering to the guard as a lacky of the Jews :rolleyes:

Belive me nothing makes my blood boil more then Isreal, other then the fuckin retard hippies who front the palestinian solidarity groups. A friend of mine likewise hates the hippie cunts, but unlike them he actually works in Palestine instead of being a retard on high street in Galway.

So fuck em.....talk is cheap!

BTW! Fair fucks to the Guard! Cool, calm and able to handle the pompous pious hippie shit. An example of professional policing at it's best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I see Wayne from Waynes World has made an appearance at 0:30, didn't know he had a kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,022 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He said "I hate these fucking shoes"

He should never have bought them in the first place, should he? Twat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Iolar wrote: »
    Imagine if this guy was in France or Spain or even Russia and he behaved like that to a policeman there,wonder where about's his freedom of speech rant would put him?

To be fair, given the scenario the Guard should have said to the people that he would monitor the guy and take action if necessary, to tell him to leave based on their word was stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,022 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Iolar wrote: »
    Imagine if this guy was in France or Spain or even Russia and he behaved like that to a policeman there,wonder where about's his freedom of speech rant would put him?

He certainly wouldn't have been back on the street spouting again afterwards.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

ibts

*in before the shylock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

You Suck! wrote: »
    "A high cap of the fuckin jews"

Basically refering to the guard as a lacky of the Jews :rolleyes:

ya i think its high captain of the.....

those crowds on shop street in galway wreck my head man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Salvelinus wrote: »
    Damn jews, I can't wait until they let the palestinians set up their liberal paradise where there will be no problems at all.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That guy who got arrested was a dispicable tosser. The cop showed him too much leniancy as it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Guys like that are insufferable fools. Shoving cameras up people's noses as 'evidence' then posting it online not even realising that it just shows them up for the arseh*les they actually are. :rolleyes:

The rights or wrongs of the political issue involved don't enter into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The Palestinean supporters don't like free speech at all.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Just had a look at the politics board there.

The condensed version is essentially hippies giving out about jews.

In other unrelated events, isin't it an unusal coincidence that all the pro-life, religous fundamentalists, friends of palestine etc type groups are all opposed to Lisbon treaty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

"Jewish people here abusing me"? (3:06 in video)

What is this the Protocols of the Elders of Zion? If you put out a stand, people should be also free to let their objections be known.

Does he not realise that his references to Jews repeatedly does come off as a touch anti-Semitic rather than anti-Zionist?

If he had acted somewhat reasonably to the Guards there might have been some leeway for the stand to remain up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Whatever the rights and wrongs with the situation in the middle east, those nutters would actually make me seek out Israeli goods to buy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

He also revealed a bit of his own personal make up when he refers to the Americans that supported him as "well heeled, well spoken" as though the garda should have given them more heed because he values their presentation.
    He's not too far from innate prejudices himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

If the Lisbon Treaty is accepted any form of free speech will be illegal. This sort of thing will be commonplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

Ah yes.....

The air cleared from hippie carbon dioxide.........I can almost smell it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I wonder why he started recording when he the man shouted at him. Surely when you make the effort to record the whole process he should do it all the time to cover himself. Maybe he said something more controversial :rolleyes: .

Secondly the american witness he kept going on about wasn't impartail as it shows him sigining his petition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If the Lisbon Treaty is accepted any form of free speech will be illegal. This sort of thing will be commonplace.

Yeah. That's what will happen alright. :rolleyes:

Advertisement