Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet bloke

Options
  • 31-08-2009 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I really like this bloke that i chat to online and ive never even met him, i know that i cant truly like him as i dont really know him but i cant seem to stop thinking bout him.

He started messaging me earlier this year and at first i wasnt even interested in him, as hes a lil bit younger than me, hes short and he lives very far away, so although i find him attractive hes not my usual type at all, he seemed interested tho and over the past couple of months i have really gotten into him. weve talked about meeting up later this year as hes gonna be doing a course somewhere that is only a hour hour from where i live, thing is although at first i thought he was genuily interested in me some of the stuff hes said lately have made me realise that hes just after one thing, also im not a stalker or anything but a few weeks ago i was really bored so i browsed through his f/b and found out that hes probably not over his ex, she is the complete opposite to me in looks much more prettier than me so i dont see how he could really want me and another strange thing is that she has the same first name as me!

So even though im really interested in him i can see its neva going to work and im just gonna end up getting hurt, i know that i should just stop speaking to him and cool things off as that can so easily be done speacially on the net, but i just know i wont because the sad thing is if we dont chat for a while i tend to miss him!, and if i get the chance i know i'll end up meeting him otherwise i'll always wonder so its a lose lose situation for me really. Your probably thinking i should just get a life and i would if i could but its not that simple( thats another long story altogether).

So anyways i was wondering if anyone had been through something similar, as ive never been this into someone who ive never met, but after ive met people sometimes (really occasionally) i can develop really strong feelings for them and i always seem to end up getting really hurt and i dont think i can handle anymore heartache! So i was wonering if anyone had any advice or opinions on this, has this happened to quite a few people or am i just going a lil bit mad? i know this problem is quite petty compared to some others but thought i would post as my heads a bit messed up at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Terodil

Hmm. My answer will have two parts:

1. My OH and me met over the internet. Even though we'd never met in person, I fell for her big time. We missed each other so much when we couldn't chat for some reason... At some point (about 1.5 years later) it just became too much and I flew over to see her... err... I flew over to see Dublin, which I'd always wanted to do, naturally, and maybe meet her ;)

Best decision ever. So I'd definitely advise you to go ahead prudently and carefully.

2. There are a couple of things that would worry me a bit (name identity, him not being over his ex etc.), but as long as you keep firmly in mind what you want to do and what you don't want to do, I see no harm in giving it an honest try. Again, as I said, be careful, meet in a public place, tell friends/parents/relatives, and have backup plans if things don't work out. Blind date procedure, essentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'd be all for saying go for it & meet him, apart from your comment that you've discovered lately he's not genuinely interested in you & that he's only after one thing. What made you come to this conclusion? If it's something that's making you doubt him then maybe you should leave it alone.

Advertisement