Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change my alarm from LL to text monitoring

Options
  • 31-08-2009 2:49pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to move away from a land line situation with eircom/BT and my broadband.

So I was thinking of having a text jobby installed instead of the LL one that is currently installed.

I just add credit to a pay as you go account
    I'd like one that I could change myself handy enough if possible.

what do i need to check out so that I can get a price.

thanks all.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What make of alarm do you have at the moment Stoner?
    Have you seen this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055549842

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

no idea, its a white box in the attic that I look at by accident every now and then, will check tonight.

I think the RKPs are Aritec its 5 years old

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Pretty much any standalone GSM text dialler will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

Stoner wrote: »
    I want to move away from a land line situation with eircom/BT and my broadband.

So I was thinking of having a text jobby installed instead of the LL one that is currently installed.

I just add credit to a pay as you go account
    I'd like one that I could change myself handy enough if possible.

what do i need to check out so that I can get a price.

thanks all.

Hi Stoner,
    you should check out the G-SMART made by jandei.
    It connects to any alarm, cost €265 plus vat in borsatec.
    www.jandei.com

Northwood Technology
    Do something similar for around €200+ vat
    http://www.koolkid.name/gsmdigi.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

actually its a HKC keypad, the box is the attic is HKC SecureWatch, dont know if that's enough info,

thanks everyone for the help.

The G-SMART will work on this stoner, how long is the alarm in ?

thanks great thanks, its in 5 years, but is it a ready to go account , how do you pay for the texts? just top up?

Yes you can use a ready to go sim but make sure you set off the alarm at lease once in six months to keep the sim activated.
    You would be better off using the hkc gsm unit stoner more expensive but at lease you can set or unset your alarm remotely.

Agree with Altor . Also ideally set it up so you can top up online.

• Advertisement
Advertisement