Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nasty Habit

Options
  • 31-08-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

So I've been seeing a girl now a few months...
    Its been going really well.

Just one problem...
    The other day I saw her picking her nose and eating it. She did this a few times over the course of about a minute.
    I said nothing about it and she doesn't know I saw as she didn't see me looking at all.

Thing is, I can't get this out of my head now - the image of it.
    And when I've kissed her its THE ONLY THING going through my head.

What to do?
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

Haha
    Id say let it slide..you may have habits she finds disgusting but she might not know about.
    So would you not kiss her if she had a runny nose? or be mad if she didnt want anything to do with you coz u had the flu.
    You have been kissing her for a while so your immune systems cant compromise each other..your not going to catch anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

LMAO!!
    Get over it!

We all have dirty habits that we hide from the world and his dog.
    You caught her but she doesnt know that you know.
    If she knew or you caught her red handed she would be morified and very embarrssed.
    Leave her alone, dont tell her that you saw her picking her nose.
    How would you feel if it was the other way around, what if she catch you scratching your ass and then not washing your hands, eww. so....

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Oh My God!

Girls should not pick their nose fullstop, let alone go as far as your girlfriend goes. It is such a disgusting habit and I could not tolerate it!

I'm sorry but I do not agree with the other posters. That habit is one I certainly could not put up with. It would make me sick and irate.

The next time she does it be straight up with her and tell her you find what she is doing is disgusting. Make sure you let her catch you watching her. You obviously feel repulsed by it if you can't get it out of your head so you need to do something about it.

Alternatively, you could end up getting annoyed by every other little habits she may have and they may turn you off her altogether!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yes we all have our bad habits, but really picking your nose and EATING it? whatever about picking your nose, but eating it crosses the line, I'd be totally grossed out and really would not want to be kissing that mouth.
    I dated a guy who would leave the room to blow his nose (if we were eating) or would turn away from me to do it, which I thought was nice manners.

You could let her see that you've seen her. Yes we all have to accept the little things, but there are some little things that just get under others skin and you can't accept them. Best to get it sorted now before it becomes bigger than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

he he he, welcome to real relationships and discovering the less palatable side of your OH.

I think you're initial reaction is understandable but don't let it ruin something good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

If this is the biggest problem in your life then you have it VERY easy.

Stop complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

OP, have you yet farted, or "been caught farting" in front of your girlfriend?

Also, and this is probably just a matter of opinion, is it not maybe preferable to her picking her nose and leaving the remnants under the nearest piece of furniture?

Realistically, nose-picking (with or without eating the contents) is a habit and no amount of talking to her will get her to stop straightaway. Of course if it really bothers you then she may agree to try but nail-biting, nose-picking, knuckle-cracking, fidgeting, hair-chewing are all habits that are usually deeply ingrained, maybe since childhood, so can be very difficult to break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    Oh My God!

Girls should not pick their nose fullstop, let alone go as far as your girlfriend goes. It is such a disgusting habit and I could not tolerate it!

Is it okay for a bloke to do it??:mad:

OP - yeah its pretty rank. I'd say something like 'eww - ya minger' and make a joke out of it. It might embarrass her enough to stop.

Some habits that people have are pretty much auto pilot - which is hard to believe when they are so rank. So maybe the above would work. It avoids the big serious convo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Lady Muck

Haha, that is so funny! :D:D

I am ashamed to say I do it too but never infront of my boyfriend. If you ever see her doing it again, just make a light hearted joke saying you dirty little sod! Let's face it, it is a vile habit and if you let her continue, kissing will never happen again.

I can understand that actually, it is rather horrible and it has made me realise just how digusting I am too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I have a huge issue with what 'resides' in noses and this would be a dealbreaker for me... I am retching thinking about it..

How disgusting is she????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Trí wrote: »
    Is it okay for a bloke to do it??:mad:

No - it is not ok for a bloke to do it and my fella would definitley get his P45 if I seen him do it but a girl doing it is a completely different story.

There are lots of nasty things that are untolerable but are mostly done by men i.e. belching, farting, scratching certain areas and another would be the nose picking. But to see a girl do it, that's just not right. I get the heebie jeebies just thinking of it.

To lighten the mood, here is a joke that a remember from years back....

Q - Why wasn't the snot on the team?
    A - Because he wasn't picked!

Sad to some maybe but my pal and I used to find this hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    No - it is not ok for a bloke to do it and my fella would definitley get his P45 if I seen him do it but a girl doing it is a completely different story.

There are lots of nasty things that are untolerable but are mostly done by men i.e. belching, farting, scratching certain areas and another would be the nose picking. But to see a girl do it, that's just not right. I get the heebie jeebies just thinking of it.

Um why is it okay for a guy to express completely natural bodily functions yet its 'just not right' for women?
    We burp,we hiccup,we fart,we vomit,we pick our noses,we scratch when itchy,we even have hair that grows on our armpits,legs and lots of other places too,Lots of hair just the same as men all over our bodies!

Op If she does it again than immediately say that its gross in a jokey sort of way, If this is something you really have a problem with. I really wouldnt let this put you off her. She did not realise you were looking at her and its just a normal thing that everyone does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

i think that people are completely missing the point. its not about her picking her nose, its about what she did after that. that is so beyond disgusting:eek::eek:. it doesnt matter if a women or man does that its absolutely awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Guy here, I pick my nose and eat it too.

Firstly this is a kind autopilot thing and no matter how much you try I reckon she will still do it when you are not there. I'm good at not doing it in other presence but by myself I don't even notice it. I agree with make a joke the next time it will probably shock her into not doing it when your around.

With regards to ewww, this is something i've trouble understanding, its the same as phelgm which would be in your mouth sometimes anyway. But ignoring the eating part, sometimes a hard blow won't work and you need to pick, fair enough be discreet about it but still had to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Lady Muck

I pick wrote: »
    With regards to ewww, this is something i've trouble understanding, its the same as phelgm which would be in your mouth sometimes anyway.

Made me laugh! :pac:

Everyone has dirty things about them, we are closely related to monkeys don't forget. My b/f kissed me once after I was sick. :p

Advertisement