Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting speakers to a Mac

Options
  • 31-08-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to hook up a set of speakers to my Imac. I'm planning on starting with a set of hi-fi speakers (about 2 years old) as I'm smashed and cant afford a decent set of monitors.

I have two questions:-

1) I'm fairly sure it's a usb audio interface I need but am not 100%. There's another thread here about these but am wondering can you connect sepakers to these (there's only a wire from the speakers). Can anyone confirm that this is what I'm after and maybe recommend a cheap interface (that will take wires from the speakers).

2) Is there a massive difference between a decent enough set of hi-fi speakers and a decent set of monitors. Am I wasting my time with the hi-fi speakers?

Thanks for any help given.

Comments

Advertisement