Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

met a guy

Options
  • 31-08-2009 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

is it weird that i met a guy once and i can't get him out of my head??? he was lovely and sexy and we got on great. Does anyone think its weird? i think it is a bit. I havn't spoke to him since and i probably wont again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Nope,not a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

op here - even though it was a month ago??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

love at first sight does exist :)

Is it not at all possible for you to meet him again? If you feel that strongly it sounds like it'd be worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

love at first sight
    I would say now it's more lust at first sight

• Advertisement

i have no way of contacting him but he has a way of contacting me and hasn't! so he obviously doesnt feel the same. its a bit crazy as i still think of him even though there are other guys out there.

The exact same thing happened to me recently OP, it sucks:(

samehere wrote: »
    The exact same thing happened to me recently OP, it sucks:(

why is it that the guys we (I) like never seem to be interested, and the ones that are interested - im not in them. Unfair :(

It's the story of my life too. And I really thought this particular guy liked me. I really can't understand why guys bother asking for your number and then never use it! It seems to be a common trend myself & my friends have been noticing lately.

Exactly - the guy i met - he was soo lovely and seemed really into me, was asking when was i out again and then he doesnt bother to call! Whats the point of going to that trouble, getting a number etc and then not use it! Guys are weird IMO.

• Advertisement

The same thing happened to me - I met a guy and it really was love at first sight. He did contact me though and went to great rounds to get my number. We met on and off for a few months, it was difficult as he lived in London and I was everywhere.....one time he admitted to me that the first time he met me he knew we would marry.

Anyway, we lost contact as we were both travelling a lot with work and a few txt messages went astray because of international roaming.

Fast forward 3 years (all of which I have been thinking about him, but hadn;t the balls to contact him) and i finally bumped into him last week.....only to be told he was getting married the next day.

All the same feelings came back - the heart flip, the butterflies, the tounge tied feeling...all of it.

i saw him get married the next day!

So my advice is do what you can to get his number....otherwise u might feel like that forever.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

op here wrote: »
    Exactly - the guy i met - he was soo lovely and seemed really into me, was asking when was i out again and then he doesnt bother to call! Whats the point of going to that trouble, getting a number etc and then not use it! Guys are weird IMO.

Was he drunk? Maybe he sobered up and wasn't bothered anymore. Or maybe he's a chancer and just wanted to get in your pants. Anybody with experience in dating etc knows how to act and what to say to make somebody think you like them, and we can all be very convincing when we want to be.

It happens. And girls do it too!

Phlann wrote: »
    Was he drunk? Maybe he sobered up and wasn't bothered anymore. Or maybe he's a chancer and just wanted to get in your pants. Anybody with experience in dating etc knows how to act and what to say to make somebody think you like them, and we can all be very convincing when we want to be.

It happens. And girls do it too!

well when he took my number he was sober. well i suppose he has my number and he hasnt contacted me so he's not that into me - as i said earlier the guys i like usually dont go for me and vice versa :( maybe i should lower my standards????

Its not just girls that think that way.

I met a really cool girl, she went to Tenerife the following day.
    I think shes back next week, the only contact I have is through her work, and that may not be appropriate, and 'accidentally' bumping into her at/near her work (I dont know hours/shifts) she could see as stalking.

well when he took my number he was sober. well i suppose he has my number and he hasnt contacted me so he's not that into me - as i said earlier the guys i like usually dont go for me and vice versa :( maybe i should lower my standards????

No you dont have to lower your standards, we just havn't met the right people! Everyone always says it will happen when you least expect it, so maybe just forget about men for a while and concentrate on having fun:) That's what I'm gonna try....

i keep thinking 'what if' and it drives me mad!! I know i have to forget it but its hard. and i guess your right - forget men and have fun :)

Hi there,
    Did you only meet once?
    Was it recently or have you been thinking a while?

No need to forget about men!

metoo2 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Did you only meet once?
    Was it recently or have you been thinking a while?

No need to forget about men!

yes we met only once and it was a month ago. he was the first guy i met since a long term relationship ended and he was the first guy i actually liked since it. I guess i was surprised as i thought i would never fancy another guy again since my ex. maybe thats why im so attached to him???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Get in contact. Have a similar story but I didn't do anything at the time and still regret it. What's the worst that can happen? Those feelings and connections are hard to come by..

It's the story of my life too. And I really thought this particular guy liked me. I really can't understand why guys bother asking for your number and then never use it! It seems to be a common trend myself & my friends have been noticing lately.

I'll field this one cos its relevant to me currently. I met a beautiful, sexy, intelligent girl recnetly who i really got on with. i took her number. i'm really hesistant to use it thou. Why ? Because I'm completely heartbroken over someone else. Too heartbroken. I know that even though this girl is probably the best chance i've had in a long time, I'm not nowhere near ready to meet someone. And i don't want to mess her about. And i don't want to further confuse myself - which it would do. Basically.

• Advertisement

I'll field this one cos its relevant to me currently. I met a beautiful, sexy, intelligent girl recnetly who i really got on with. i took her number. i'm really hesistant to use it thou. Why ? Because I'm completely heartbroken over someone else. Too heartbroken. I know that even though this girl is probably the best chance i've had in a long time, I'm not nowhere near ready to meet someone. And i don't want to mess her about. And i don't want to further confuse myself - which it would do. Basically.

Why did you ask her for her number do you mind me asking? Just because you felt like it was expected of you?

Why did you ask her for her number do you mind me asking? Just because you felt like it was expected of you?

Because I did/do like her. The right chemistry was there. Hmmm I guess I'd like to be able to make something happen out of it. But it was more afterwards when I was thinking about it that I didn't feel ready. I know that it might be something that could work for a short while but sooner or later woulnd't and either her or me or both would get hurt. Right now - even if I met the most amazing person ever I'm not up for it. I got hurt really badly and have alot of **** to deal with currently - I just can't risk getting into a situation where i could get hurt again - not for a while.

Actually I'd kind of like to be friends with her. Get to know her for a while. But I'm afraid that would be leading her on cos I know its gonna be along while before I could go beyond that

Advertisement