Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cribs - Ignore the Ignorant

Options
  • 31-08-2009 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭

Listen in full here

On my 2nd listen through it now, I'm really liking it. Wasn't sure if the songs would be as great as past Cribs songs after hearing half the album live earlier this year but it is a great addition to their discography, and Johnny Marr is a brilliant addition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

cribs-great

johnny marr- great

Cribs+johnny marr= Brilllllliant!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr. Razzcocks

Listening to it now for the first time (with the handicap of an ear infection :( ), i'm liking it so far, there definitely is a Smiths element to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

Started listening to this today after seeing them on the Guardian website.
    Got to say I am really liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I was a bit surprised by the reviews because I really think it's not a patch on the last album but its a real grower and the new stuff sounds a lot better live. I really recommened the last album to anybody remotely impressed by Ignore the Ignorant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

They were on Jools Holland on Friday. First time i'd heard it. So far so good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Kool&TheGang

Stroke of genius to add Johnny Marr to an already savage band. Have been talking about these boys to my mates for a while, without a budge. Strangely weird to be 'vindicated' with the addition of JM

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I've been into The Cribs since their first ep and every since they've delivered again and again.

But i was really disappointed with this album when i first heard it. None of the jumpy catchy tunes there once was. And it mate me kinda hate Johnny Marr for ruinign my favourite band.

But having listened to it a few times, it's a real grower and i'm loving it.

I just don't hope they become too serious for their own good

Advertisement