Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Mature Student starting Primary School Teaching course?

Options
  • 31-08-2009 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering are any Mature Students starting a primary school teaching course this year? Im tempted to go back to college next year, and id love to hear from anyone who is starting this course etc..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 nazar

Hey, I'm hoping to go back next year too, I'll be 30 starting college :o. I never did a degree, so after ALOT of research, I have decided the best option is to repeat the Leaving Cert this year, Irish ( no choice ), music and English ( because I need 2 other higher level subjects with min result C ) and I only did one higher back in the day and got a D.

Then if all that goes to plan ( PLEASE GOD! ) I hope to go to CICE or else Froebel to do the Bachelor in Education. I will be totally relying on grants to get by, but at least I don't have to pay fees for the course as it is the first time i've done a degree !

Scared about doing it after years i've been out of all of this ! What route do you plan to take ?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭fonzy157

Im going to repeat Irish too- only got a D back in the day:(.
    I never thought i would be choosing to go back and do the leaving cert again-hopefully my brains will still work!! Are you going to do it on your own or are you doing classes etc?
    Im going to apply to any of the Dublin colleges and also ( fingers crossed) will be able to avail of a grant or some form of funding as i wont be able to afford it myself.

Advertisement