Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on my latest re-design?

Options
  • 31-08-2009 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I decided to re-design my site only a few days ago. I'm still not finished. Any constructive criticism?

http://waynewhitty.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Not bad however I feel that the banner makes the website look a lot like a generic Wordpress template. Perhaps you could design something a bit more unique?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Looks fine to me. Good luck with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭waynewex

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm working on a new design at the moment. Lord, this re-designing never stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's not flashy enough. It needs more bling.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mr Web

Looks pretty good - is the font a bit small at 12px. I'm viewing at 1280x720 on a 22"

Nice though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

The redesign is nice and clean and simple. Not sure if I like the big banner as I think it does look a little Worldpress like.

I think you need to improve your portfolio a little - the sites you have listed on it are well designed but there isnt a vast amount of "backend programming" in any them. For example the Buy&Sell site is a pretty standard free software script, though you have implemented a pretty nice design with it.

Might be a good idea to have a blog and write about different PHP or everyday webproblems and solutions. Also there are no contact details there which might potentially turn off some clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

also your Bebo Skins Zone link on http://waynewhitty.com/portfolio.php doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I like the idea that you are a one man band and use "I" instead of "we". A lot of sites try to make themselves to be a multinational where there is only one person behind it.

Good luck to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭DinnyBatman

you need to do a spellcheck...........

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kdaly100

Nice site clean simple and as previous commenter said spell check. Its WeXford not Weford :)

Also perhaps your header text / image should be clickable back to home.

Other than that good luck with it.

• Advertisement

kdaly100 wrote: »
    Nice site clean simple and as previous commenter said spell check. Its WeXford not Weford :)

Also perhaps your header text / image should be clickable back to home.

Other than that good luck with it.

Oh Godammit :o

pts wrote: »
    also your Bebo Skins Zone link on http://waynewhitty.com/portfolio.php doesn't work.

I checked it again and it worked?

The redesign is nice and clean and simple. Not sure if I like the big banner as I think it does look a little Worldpress like.

I think you need to improve your portfolio a little - the sites you have listed on it are well designed but there isnt a vast amount of "backend programming" in any them. For example the Buy&Sell site is a pretty standard free software script, though you have implemented a pretty nice design with it.

Might be a good idea to have a blog and write about different PHP or everyday webproblems and solutions. Also there are no contact details there which might potentially turn off some clients.

I agree with the Wordpress comment. But the SellMix site is completely custom. No open source script was used. The BeboSkinsZone site is also completely custom, including the forums. I have a blog, but I haven't put much material up yet. I'll link it to my site when I have a few more articles and tutorials.

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's not flashy enough. It needs more bling.

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

The bebo link works now, didn't work when I posted though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Panda Bear

Personally I would lose the Sun thngy behind the tree's it not a good image or colour balance. Could you do a Flash there instead. It just not jumping out off the page as " well now here is a Designer/Web Builder. How about a few testimonials and links to other work !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Panda Bear

Personally I would lose the Sun thngy behind the tree's it not a good image or colour balance. Could you do a Flash there instead. It just not jumping out off the page as " well now here is a Designer/Web Builder. How about a few testimonials and links to other work !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Donagh_mc

I like it. My first thought was as others say, Wordpress, but that's not a problem for me. Nice, clean crisp design with easy to follow navigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

It's nice and simple. One question though, "How much does a website cost?" has no mention of hosting which probably implies that it's the customer's responsibility?

Is the footer date dynamic? It's one of the tiniest details but I nearly ALWAYS check it to see if a developer remembered/realised to do it ;)

It is what it's.

Advertisement